Pulling with No Lockup Converter

JDGnut

How is an auto truck going to pull if it does not have a lockup converter? If it has enough HP to keep the RPM's up.. I guess its going to depend on how tight the converter is??? Loose enought to get it spooled up.. but tight enough to keep everything turning..
Thanks,
Bryan

being able to lock the converter really lets you put the power down, but that isnt to say you wont be able to do ok with a non lockup tranny if you have a good tight TC that will actually put the power down.

Eric

I have talked to auto guys who will leave it unlocked on the really loose tracks out here in Ca, and it seems to help them quite a bit.

-Tom

Thanks guys... I didn't realized the PowerTrip truck was running a non lock up trans.. I thought it was a later model 1st gen...
Elmo we were one of those 29 behind you.. haha...
Just contimplating another project..
Bryan

I've only run once, but ran with my stock trans, and I don't thikn even with a stock trans I did too bad. Granted I took 21st out of 26 trucks, but I had the least amount of power and the most miles on the rig. 172' on a 250 track, with a heavy sled. I was also running just the EZ.

Back