Been a good while...

Did you pee your pants again? LOL

download.jpg

Red to black excellent choice. Not sure if I like the chrome grill IMO. What's the motor plans?

Thanks sir. As far as plans for the motor, I've tossed around a bunch of ideas. I'd like to keep it as reliable as possible. For a while I was throwing around the idea of a ppump swap but I've since changed my mind. At the moment, I'm thinking I want to do a budget set of twins, along with supporting fueling mods, injectors, programmers, yada, yada, yada. Typical vp stuff. :blahblah1: I'd like to have a solid 500 horse truck when I'm done, which isn't a big goal I know. Firepunk will be going through this trans, as they did my previous second gen, as soon as I get rid of some bills.

And you did it in your garage? Not being noisy what did you have in materials and time?

A buddy of mine is a body guy, he did it in his garage in 2 weeks. Total cost of materials was around 500 bucks (black paint is cheap). This paint is actually pearl black, in the sun you can see purple and blue, it's sexy. He laid on 2 gallons of clear. The paint job isn't perfect, but you really have to look close to find the few imperfections. What really made it "pop" was getting it wet sanded and buffed, which is a pricey endeavor, but well worth it if you really want that glassy,mirrored finish.

Last edited:
Looking good. I definitely think wheels need to match the truck. I haven't like the 4th gen 17's on some trucks, but they look good on your single cab.

Looking good. I definitely think wheels need to match the truck. I haven't like the 4th gen 17's on some trucks, but they look good on your single cab.

Agree this truck really pulls off a nice clean look. As I get older I tend to like trucks without all chrome molding and all that bs. Truck is for sure a head turner guy excellent layout.

Agree this truck really pulls off a nice clean look. As I get older I tend to like trucks without all chrome molding and all that bs. Truck is for sure a head turner guy excellent layout.

I really appreciate that man. Thank you. That's exactly what I was going for with this truck. Clean and simple. The chrome grille was a last minute decision, and I honestly think it gives it a "different" look. It breaks up all of the black and adds a different perspective to the sport front end.

I really appreciate that man. Thank you. That's exactly what I was going for with this truck. Clean and simple. The chrome grille was a last minute decision, and I honestly think it gives it a "different" look. It breaks up all of the black and adds a different perspective to the sport front end.

Agree I'm not bashing it at all. I'm doing a sport conversion and still on the fence about chrome or painted. Throw some 20% on the windows and call her a day. Truly in love with the truck man I have been trying for 3 years to make my 98 have a "clean" look and yet to pull it off. Some trucks just fall together and look perfect. Great job bud

7x,014's, edge comp, 64-66mm, Hamilton can, other piddly crap. Be done and have a solid 500.

Thought I'd share some updated pictures. It's lowered now, and sitting on 305/50/20 Nitto 420's and 20x12 Fuel Mavericks with a -44 offset.

1924832_10202817348625929_6154891215307736148_n.jpg

1010153_10202817349265945_3445628080162048267_n.jpg

10636137_10202817349425949_6479640853987712286_n.jpg

Back