Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Motorsports Supply
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 11:49 AM   #201
4x4dually

Name: 4x4dually
Title: Moderator
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bersaglieri View Post
Did I skip over the test info on the Airdog and FASS pump actual flow test results?
Not yet.....and probably won't ever see it is my guess.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:58 PM   #202
Sportster1208

Name: Sportster1208
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Here's a link to someone that sells the XX fuel filter setup, I'll apologize ahead of time I don't believe they are a sponsor on here or a vendor.

XX-Fuel

Old 07-12-2013, 07:40 PM   #203
COMP461

Name: COMP461
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportster1208 View Post
Here's a link to someone that sells the XX fuel filter setup, I'll apologize ahead of time I don't believe they are a sponsor on here or a vendor.

XX-Fuel
no problem looks like a good deal,

Old 08-02-2013, 12:24 PM   #204
4x4dually

Name: 4x4dually
Title: Moderator
Member`s Gallery
Flow numbers tested yet?

Old 08-02-2013, 01:59 PM   #205
COMP461

Member`s Gallery
I have been covered up with my racing programs , but gas and diesel. Plus MaxSpool Engineering sales have grown , along with the R&D that I do on the new cam designs .

I have the flow sensors ready , still looking for product that isn't broken too test.

Old 08-02-2013, 02:08 PM   #206
estrada5.9

Name: estrada5.9
Member`s Gallery
Theoretically the boost in sales after the end all test would cover purchasing competitors pumps for the testing right?

Old 08-02-2013, 04:21 PM   #207
COMP461

Member`s Gallery
you are correct , wished I had more time .
once you use a Fuelabs pump, you will never concider any other pump.

after this race season is over , ill get on it

Old 08-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #208
2Tone12V

Name: 2Tone12V
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4dually View Post
Flow numbers tested yet?
I'll have some for you again. I've tested it before against our stuff and it was identical to our flow numbers. We will be flowing it against our new design now.

Old 08-03-2013, 02:30 PM   #209
DieselLance

Name: DieselLance
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by COMP461 View Post
you are correct , wished I had more time .
once you use a Fuelabs pump, you will never concider any other pump.

after this race season is over , ill get on it
i've been quiet long enough, i put one of these pieces of **** on last year before the Indy and Muncie races. with no instruction or fittings, i called to find out how to wire it and couldnt get a straight answer from 3 people i talked to and when i called back to say it didnt work on the low setting they had nothing to say other than asked how i wired it to work and if i could tell them or email directions. on the hi setting it would 8-10psi (on a duramax) and anything over part throttle it would drop psi, free reving it it lost pressure. told them all about our build and what parts we used and they said the pump would be more than enoughfor what we were doing. dont know how much power we lost but it wouldnt even hold rail pressure. over half throttle. i showed pics to some "engineer/salesman" at the Muncie pulls and told him it was ****in worthless and the biggest joke i ever seen.

called back to ask them where to send the pump and he told me to keep it, soon as i hung up the phone i threw it across the parking lot twards the dumpster...then walked over and tossed it inside the dumpster

Old 08-07-2013, 08:37 AM   #210
2Tone12V

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLance View Post
i've been quiet long enough, i put one of these pieces of **** on last year before the Indy and Muncie races. with no instruction or fittings, i called to find out how to wire it and couldnt get a straight answer from 3 people i talked to and when i called back to say it didnt work on the low setting they had nothing to say other than asked how i wired it to work and if i could tell them or email directions. on the hi setting it would 8-10psi (on a duramax) and anything over part throttle it would drop psi, free reving it it lost pressure. told them all about our build and what parts we used and they said the pump would be more than enoughfor what we were doing. dont know how much power we lost but it wouldnt even hold rail pressure. over half throttle. i showed pics to some "engineer/salesman" at the Muncie pulls and told him it was ****in worthless and the biggest joke i ever seen.

called back to ask them where to send the pump and he told me to keep it, soon as i hung up the phone i threw it across the parking lot twards the dumpster...then walked over and tossed it inside the dumpster
Which is why I pay no mind to them. Time will show how poor it is. I've tested it and it's not different, volume wise, than what's out there. How it's put together is laughable.

Old 08-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #211
Josh@FUELAB

Name: Josh@FUELAB
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
This coming from an AirDog rep....But, you are correct- time will tell the quality of our product. Our pumps are built by hand in our shop in Illinois and every pump is ran through our test stand before being packaged and shipped. When and if someone has a problem, we stand behind the pumps- no questions asked.

Lance, I'm not sure of the details of your particular problem/issue, but that's not how we handle our business. There's certainly some other details that are being left out here. I'm not sure what I can do for you at this point since the pump was apparently thrown in the trash, but you're welcome to PM me if you'd like.

I, nor anyone from Fuelab, will get involved in any kind of online bashing. It is simply unprofessional and we won't be a part of it.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:52 AM   #212
cumminsman315

Name: cumminsman315
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tone12V View Post
Which is why I pay no mind to them. Time will show how poor it is. I've tested it and it's not different, volume wise, than what's out there. How it's put together is laughable.
If its so poor how does it keep up 65psi for me at full throttle with half of the fuel returning back instead of a regulator? And that's with it on 60%. My wonderful airdog wouldn't keep up at half throttle and a vp, let alone a p pump.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:47 PM   #213
COMP461

Member`s Gallery
Most NHRA Pro Stockers rely on Fuelabs pumps, where failure is not an option.
I have had no problem getting people to step up to a much better and more reliable pump, which is made here in America out of American made parts.
I think the next selling aspect is the no BS warrantees.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:14 PM   #214
Kick Start

Name: Kick Start
Title: Banned
Member`s Gallery
Why not have a lifetime warranty if the pump is so great?

All possible because of UNICORNS
Wampus Cat Diesel

Old 08-07-2013, 07:32 PM   #215
Blueboy

Name: Blueboy
Member`s Gallery
Lance, I just installed a 200 on my truck. The instructions
made it very easy to install, everything I needed to install
was there.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #216
UNBROKEN

Name: UNBROKEN
Title: Ezekiel 25:17
Member`s Gallery
It's your forum, Greg, so do as you wish but I'd think Fuelab would appreciate it you at least spelled their name correctly.
There's no S.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:06 PM   #217
COMP461

Member`s Gallery
took a while for me to notice they didn't have two L's

Old 08-08-2013, 04:39 PM   #218
2Tone12V

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cumminsman315 View Post
If its so poor how does it keep up 65psi for me at full throttle with half of the fuel returning back instead of a regulator? And that's with it on 60%. My wonderful airdog wouldn't keep up at half throttle and a vp, let alone a p pump.
What AirDog were u running?

Old 08-08-2013, 07:53 PM   #219
DieselLance

Name: DieselLance
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh@FUELAB View Post

Lance, I'm not sure of the details of your particular problem/issue, but that's not how we handle our business. There's certainly some other details that are being left out here. I'm not sure what I can do for you at this point since the pump was apparently thrown in the trash, but you're welcome to PM me if you'd like.

I, nor anyone from Fuelab, will get involved in any kind of online bashing. It is simply unprofessional and we won't be a part of it.
yes there is a few details left out since those people are not on the forum to defend what i have to say about them.

who ever i talked to at the Muncie sled pull booth had a couple display pumps but no working models. he was more of a salesman than a tech guy cuz he couldnt even tell me how to wire it or where the inlet/outlets were

Old 08-08-2013, 07:54 PM   #220
2Tone12V

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLance View Post
yes there is a few details left out since those people are not on the forum to defend what i have to say about them.

who ever i talked to at the Muncie sled pull booth had a couple display pumps but no working models. he was more of a salesman than a tech guy cuz he couldnt even tell me how to wire it or where the inlet/outlets were
That was probably hogue...

Closed Thread