Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Motorsports Supply
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 03:39 PM   #21
Jim Fulmer

Name: Jim Fulmer
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24vriviera View Post
gale banks and courtney hansen.... i think
Yep, Courtney is a smokin' babe!

Courtney Hansen's Official Website

Jim

Old 01-24-2010, 07:06 PM   #22
COMP461

Name: COMP461
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Here is a neat one, Best engineered at Dallas, this inline 6 engine was one of my most controversial programs . With G.M. performance Parts help, and a little from my good friend WJ , I flew to G.M.s foundry in Toluca Mexico and persuaded them cast me some inline 6 cylinder heads without a water jacket or ports.

This head was solid cast iron, and weighed 250 lbs. Al Weis pictured here carved it in to a 81 lbs cylinder head that flowed 400 cfm of air and made 2.52 hp per cid on gasoline. Al was also the crew chief of Eddie Hills top fuel championship team. So of interest to diesel why. If he can do that with a cast iron solid chunk, he could do a diesel head out of a 12 or 24 valve head that was cast in the same way. Hmmmm .

Click the image to open in full size.

this head was top secret for a long time , and the 260 inline 6 it set on top of made almost 700 hp running a best of 8.16 on a shut off pass. we never ran it out the back door for fear of killing the index.

Notice under the ports , that’s the water jacket plugs he carved out , and hid with aluminum plugs

Old 01-25-2010, 12:02 PM   #23
bluedog

Name: bluedog
Member`s Gallery
my hat goes of to Greg. if it wasn't for people like him.this sport would be slow in progressing. he is a true pioneer in the diesel motor sport industry.i only wish i could drive some of the vehicles he has driven. keep up the good work, my friend.

Old 01-25-2010, 03:52 PM   #24
DieselWrencher

Name: DieselWrencher
Title: 6cyl Vette
Member`s Gallery
Greg, nice work. I am glad you do all this for the diesel world. But I have 2 questions for you. I'm just curious.

1. If that Dr.P truck ran that clean back then, WTF is wrong now?
2. How long has ATI been building dampners for high performance tractors?
1972 K30 Longhorn P-Pumped 24v 47RH Compounds

Old 01-25-2010, 07:35 PM   #25
Extended Power

Name: Extended Power
Member`s Gallery
I have only spoke to Greg on the phone once...but he was very informative, and was willing to help me.
I don't know the complete history of everyone in the Diesel World, but it's cool to pick up a magazine once in a while and say, Hey...I've talked to that guy!
Interesting to see how some far out idea's helped diesel engines get to where they are today.

If It Ain't Broke...Fix It Until It Is!!!

Old 01-25-2010, 07:36 PM   #26
SINNER

Name: SINNER
Title: BallSoHard U
Member`s Gallery
It just cracks me up that someone can come on here and post 1 dyno sheet and have the entire site swinging on their nuts, but Greg shows numerous photo's of his involvement with motorsports and people start bashing. How many NASCAR or Top fuel drivers own the vehicles they drive? How many engine builders publish pics of engines they can not even afford themselves?

And I can not speak of many things Greg has claimed involvement, but as far as ATI goes he is telling the truth. I was sitting in their shop when Greg called and a engineer flat out told me they never considered doing a damper for a diesel truck until Greg started hounding them to.

Low class jealousy at it's finest.

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...

Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:56 PM   #27
chad riley

Name: chad riley
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
greg i just got vomit in my mouth before you there were two pro stock diesel trucks one with twins one with a single and nos both went two nhra divisional races. but if you want you can claim that you went to the moon first some will believe. i know that you were not there until late in the game way late.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:36 PM   #28
DieselWrencher

Name: DieselWrencher
Title: 6cyl Vette
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
It just cracks me up that someone can come on here and post 1 dyno sheet and have the entire site swinging on their nuts, but Greg shows numerous photo's of his involvement with motorsports and people start bashing. How many NASCAR or Top fuel drivers own the vehicles they drive? How many engine builders publish pics of engines they can not even afford themselves?

And I can not speak of many things Greg has claimed involvement, but as far as ATI goes he is telling the truth. I was sitting in their shop when Greg called and a engineer flat out told me they never considered doing a damper for a diesel truck until Greg started hounding them to.

It may have been ATI's first for a diesel pick up but I'm pretty sure they were building them for 466's and 360's before that. No jealousy here, just was curious.
1972 K30 Longhorn P-Pumped 24v 47RH Compounds

Old 01-26-2010, 07:28 AM   #29
COMP461

Member`s Gallery
Here is one of the recent motivational speaking events. This school is near the Naval Air station and most of the kids are military dependents, one of the reasons I have always make an effort to attend for the last 11 years .

Notice the paper towels and bottle of spray wax. This is part of my speech. It is in short about that if you want something in life, you have to be willing to work for it, even if it is at a entry level job, because that is sometimes the only way to get to the top.

I go on to explain that even in the seemly glamour’s world of racing there are jobs that might seem unimportant and not as fun to do, like wiping the car down, to keep it looking shinny.

I then go on to explain that my first task to do around a race car was just that , to wipe the car down , and that even if it seemed lowly , it was very important in that this shinny car was seen on TV and in front of the crowds. I also explained that a job like that could lead to the top job if they just pursued their dreams and put in a little work.

Then I let the kids grab a rag and some wax , They never forget a little hands on.

and it was a little dirty after coming back from a test session

Last edited by COMP461; 01-26-2010 at 07:39 AM.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:34 AM   #30
zstroken

Name: zstroken
Title: For $$$ your name here
Member`s Gallery
Where are the child labor laws when you need them?

Great job Greg.

I think I am gonna have to get me one of those red shirts!
24V P-Pump Mafia member #1(retired)

Thanks to Mumau Diesel, Goerend Transmission, Northeast Diesel Service!

Old 01-26-2010, 07:35 AM   #31
COMP461

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SINNER View Post

I remember that very well, but my saying is if you don't get a yes, you’re just not asking the question right. I also say if you knock on the door and no one answers ,,,,,,,,,, yell thru the window

Old 01-26-2010, 08:43 AM   #32
Timbeaux

Name: Timbeaux
Title: Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
Member`s Gallery
I removed a few posts from this thread. While the ribbing is fun, this is Greg's Sponsor forum that he pays for. Keep the crap out of here and save it for the drag racing or staging lanes areas guys.

thanks.
NO LIMIT FAB, DIESEL SOUTH, DC CUSTOMS
Quote:
"I just love everything about racing. I wanna race every single day. Its nothing for me to be cutting grass and the neighbor hoss the gas on his mower, and there we are, lined up in the the middle of the street." - Stevie KillinTime Jackson
"Against stupidity, the gods themselves fight unvictorious."

Old 01-26-2010, 08:55 AM   #33
RonA

Name: RonA
Member`s Gallery
Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures Greg. It was good talking to you last week and I appreciate the information. I am going have an extra motor laying around soon, if you happen to run across a 23' altered rolling chassis or something similar for sale, give me a call. The one in stock600's avatar is sweet.
Ron Allen

Old 01-26-2010, 11:06 AM   #34
JFlagg

Name: JFlagg
Title: Gun for Hire
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbeaux38 View Post
I removed a few posts from this thread. While the ribbing is fun, this is Greg's Sponsor forum that he pays for. Keep the crap out of here and save it for the drag racing or staging lanes areas guys.

thanks.
Good call... I was just thinking that if this was Greg's forum, he can say what he wants even if some people think he is cheerleading for himself... Way to stay un-bias Tim.

the way I see it, if you don't like Greg, don't come in his thread... simple as that. Personally Greg has help ALOT of people here, myself included. He overnighted me my ARP studs and didn't charge me the shipping and I didn't even have the money yet to pay for them. He just told me to pay when I could. He also got me my Maxspool 2.5++ cam for CHEAP... only cost me a few cam cores and some shipping. Just want to say thanks Greg!

Old 01-27-2010, 10:09 PM   #35
COMP461

Member`s Gallery
here is some neat pictures of the NX dragster at the air show this year.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:58 PM   #36
jordanjames81

Name: jordanjames81
Member`s Gallery
Greg like the pic's and showing the kids the diesel world. I cant say enough on the information you have gave me on the phone. I know saying Thanks isnt enough.
Amsoil oil Dealer
AirDog Fuel Systems
Farmer's Machine
AutoMeter Gauges
AFE Power
Check us out on FaceBook
Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Old 01-29-2010, 09:22 PM   #37
COMP461

Member`s Gallery
this is a cool picture That I have recently found , its my Grandfathers gasser , who knows what kind of car it is

here is my first Comp car , with a Buick V6

and I'm sure this is a yound Crewgirl at her first comp race

Old 01-29-2010, 09:25 PM   #38
Scooter's Roofing

Name: Scooter's Roofing
Member`s Gallery
good on ya Greg... the haters are just frustrated that they aren't able to build vehicles with other people's money and parts

Old 01-29-2010, 09:41 PM   #39
dieselduck

Name: dieselduck
Member`s Gallery
Very impressive, Greg you should be proud of all your acomplishments.

Old 01-30-2010, 02:16 PM   #40
COMP461

Member`s Gallery
WOW I keep finding pictures , this is my first ride a Nitrous Out Law Pro Stock

here is a early one of me on the dyno with a 18 degree Chevy V6 Comp engine

here is a cool one when I was racing for G.M. Performance Parts , This was WJ, Mike Edwards Ron Khrisner , and a few others

here is the first picture I have of Hillary ,

Closed Thread