Endurance Engine 7.3 Help

Thanks guys. Here's some more.

1440725254_zps342b7f1b.jpg

1440724975_zps0df15702.jpg

1440724553_zps86d9c81b.jpg

1440989032_zps00eeac1e.jpg

I'll post some more when I finally get going on the front again. I've got the housing made, I just need to get my brackets welded on and get my engine cage in.

Gotta give credit where credit is due. That is an awesome setup. I'm not a big Ford guy but I've always had a soft spot for those OBS Superduties. Good luck with the build bud!

FWIW is marine applications that run full load for hours at a clip oil temp is the single biggest killer. Oil jets for the pistons and a GOOD dedicated oil cooler would be the single biggest move for reliability you could make. Marine BBC's can heat the oil over 240 degrees in very short runs and they usually run no higher than 160 degrees for the block temperature and have unlimited cooling water just for an example. The true high power marine engine setups have as much thought into oil control and cooling as they do rods and clearance's.

any update on this thing

Haven't been on here in a while. Despite the fact I'll get hated on pretty bad for it around here, I yanked the Powerstroke and decided to go with a twin turbo big block. 520" twin billet S476s with distributorless EFI. Should be around 1200 HP at the crank. The plan all along has been to race it in the 2017 NORRA Mexican 1000 so hopefully I can get everything done by next summer and have a year to test and get everything dialed.

Now before I get flamed too bad, I had good reason.
1, a diesel is heavy.
2, I'd be rpm limited with a diesel.
3, to get the power (RELIABLY) I wanted out of a Powerstroke would've cost a lot more than I've got.
The biggest reason 4, I couldn't set a diesel back far enough with a mated transfer case to get the driveshaft lengths I wanted, and with a divorced transfer case all the weight would still be up front.
5, transmission options would've been limited with a diesel

So there it is. Sorry to let you guys down...

Last edited:
Haven't been on here in a while. Despite the fact I'll get hated on pretty bad for it around here, I yanked the Powerstroke and decided to go with a twin turbo big block. 520" twin billet S476s with distributorless EFI. Should be around 1200 HP at the crank. The plan all along has been to race it in the 2017 NORRA Mexican 1000 so hopefully I can get everything done by next summer and have a year to test and get everything dialed.

1, a diesel is heavy.
3, to get the power (RELIABLY) I wanted out of a Powerstroke would've cost a lot more than I've got.
The biggest reason 4, I couldn't set a diesel back far enough with a mated transfer case to get the driveshaft lengths I wanted, and with a divorced transfer case all the weight would still be up front.

You arent gonna get hated on for that! That sounds like an awesome build whether its a diesel or not.

1, a diesel is heavy.

So not really gonna be disappointed but pics will make it all better.
Still sounds awesome and turbos make it ok

It's just hard to beat a big block when it comes to reliable big power. Those combos have been dialed in and can really take a heck of a beating at crazy power levels. Experiments usually end up in a steep learning curve with a pile of broken parts to show for it. I'd much rather be racing than on the sidelines. I think most of us here just want to go fast, I personally just happen to need a truck most of the time. Otherwise I would have kept my Procharged Camaro! Good luck on the build and I'll second the pictures request!

Thanks guys. I'm waiting on the heads so I can start making the hot side but I've managed to get some of the intake side going. I need to get my front axle finished so I can build an engine cage so I know where I can run my piping. Only thing is I have stainless works headers so I need to work my engine cage around those. Heres a couple more pictures of the progress...

I'm using AFR's new 300cc heads for BBF's. They changed the intake port design from the gargantuan egg shape to a "rectangle" more like BBC's so you either need to very aggressively port a standard manifold or just use AFR's. I decided to go with AFR's. Wilson billet 105mm throttle body and Wilson elbow to dominator flange.

1449118403_zpsnj1j9p2h.jpg

1449118560_zpsgbruxuoz.jpg

1449118632_zpst6zg2fm5.jpg

1449118607_zpszphcyjoo.jpg

Here is where I'm at on the front axle. I'm waiting on some step down weld washers so I can finish my trac bar mount and my shock mounts. Mounts a 2.5x16 coilover and a 2.5x18 3 tube bypass.
1449803986_zps5z1aifjl.jpg

1449803941_zpspjfvh7dn.jpg

Here is the actual build thread on pirate.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/ford/1292497-ignorant-hillbilly.html

Back