6.0 no boost and exhaust leak

nspence

I'm posting this for a buddie of mine. He has a 05 6.0 he just replaced head gaskets and did a egr delete. After he got it all back together we fired the truck up and noticed a exsaust leak by the y pipe also his turbo is not building boost. Any ideas ? I'm wondering if the exsaust leak is causing the issue also the truck has a edge programmer

Y pipes can definitely cause a big problem with building any boost also I would check the charge piping for any leaks as well.

Bet he tightened his y pipes at the manifold before the turbo so it's not fully seated and sealed on the turbo exhaust housing.

Take your up pipes loose then make sure to get the exhaust set in the turbo. Then tighten that clamp then tighten your up pipes to your manifold.

its a leaking uppipe. no exhaust back pressure means no way to spin the turbo which means no way to build boost. loosen bolts at exhaust manifold and at turbo vband. make sure where y pipe and the passenger side uppipe is complete flush a tighten properly. then make sure vband clamp where y pipe and turbo attach is perfectly flush, not leaking, and clamped tight. then tighten the ones down on exhaust manifolds.

Back