06 350 blowby

farmboy6.0

Got some serious blown that just happened one minute it was fine the next minute I lost a cylinder and smelled oil,pulled over and it looked like someone dumped a 5 gallon bucket of used oil on top of my motor. After the wrecker got me to my shop I somewhat clean it up and put some oil back on it and fired it back up and the blow coming from the dipstick tube, valve cover breather and oil fill tube is pretty bad it will blown the oil fill cap out of your hand if your not holding on to it. Truck will sit and idle and it dosent sound bad considering what it's doing. Just sounds like a dead injector . I'm leaning on a hole in a piston or broken rings. Does anyone else have any ideas for me to check before I do open heart sugery thanks guys

Found a hole in the piston where's the best place to get an overhaul kit. Time to build

Attachments

• 20150404_165629.jpg
    20150404_165629.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 0
Dang. Hate to see that.
I imagine that chunk went straight to the oil pan. But how'd the cylinder look and did it look like something passed through there?
Just curious

Dang. Hate to see that.
I imagine that chunk went straight to the oil pan. But how'd the cylinder look and did it look like something passed through there?
Just curious

No marks anywhere one the head no broke or cracked valves injectors are all intact I have no clue what caused this other just a faulty piston. Cylinder has some piston material on the side of it but I think it will hone out I was flaking it off with my fingernail

Back