Cheap 12v Fuel System...?

What is the cheapest electric fuel system I could use on my truck that will support 600hp and replaces the need for the stock lift pump?

I need the total price of ya'lls setups and/or estimates to be including any lines and extra junk I need lol.

Thanks for any help ya'll!

Aeromotive 1000 does the trick for me.. but isn't enough fuel for me when its set on kill.. but 600 should be fine.

Leave the stocker...add a holley blue on the frame rail inline, and get a bypass regulator in place of the OF valve.

Personally, I run a FASS HPFP, but had the holley blue/stock pump for a while before that, and was holding 40+psi at WOT with the factory OF valve.

Chris

Well I am considering tossing out the factory lift pump so that I can run a cam with no pump lobe on it. Plus the ticking gets old after a while lol.

Holly black is well under $200 & I think Autozone actually stocks them now.
5' of 3/8 low pressure fuel line & 8 clamps =$10
Make sure to mount the pump vertical, as it wont live as long laying down.

I have a FASS HPFP, and I really like it. It always seem to have plenty of fuel to feed my 13MM pump.

zstroken said:
I have a FASS HPFP, and I really like it. It always seem to have plenty of fuel to feed my 13MM pump.

I don't have a 13mm pump nor the need for one. I like FASS's but I would like to do the whole thing for cheaper than a FASS.

Garrett on your site the FASS 150gph is that intended to be ran as a pusher pump or a standalone? Does it use the stock pickup stuff for the tank?

I forgot to mention that I don't want to have problems running below a 1/4 tank lol.

Muddin_dude06 said:
I don't have a 13mm pump nor the need for one. I like FASS's but I would like to do the whole thing for cheaper than a FASS.

Garrett on your site the FASS 150gph is that intended to be ran as a pusher pump or a standalone? Does it use the stock pickup stuff for the tank?

The Fass 150 on our site is made to be run stand-alone without a lift pump.

It will use the stock pickup tube with the kit, but I can get you a larger stand tube.

Wow, someone wanting to replace mechanical pump with electric. Many have wished for and went the opposite direction. My electrics were loud and less than reliable. I can't hear my 12v mech pump and from what I gather they last well too. Good luck with the swap.

Bobcat698 said:
Aeromotive 1000 does the trick for me.. but isn't enough fuel for me when its set on kill.. but 600 should be fine.

are you useing a regulator or just blowing it threw you OFV , at the shop we love the A1000 , on my old pullin truck it would hold 70psi all the time with a aeromotive regulator.

smokinrod said:
are you useing a regulator or just blowing it threw you OFV , at the shop we love the A1000 , on my old pullin truck it would hold 70psi all the time with a aeromotive regulator.

I am using a regulator on the return side of the P-Pump.
It is an Aeromotive regulator, and holds 50PSI at idle, but it drops to 10PSI at WOT, which I think is under my desired level..

I may need to re-do my filter setup though, I do have the pump sucking through a 10 micron filter.. But it (the filter) is rated for 12gpm.. so I don't know if that is the problem.

I run a aeromotive pre filter then a Napa big spinon filter kit after that but it is all plummed in -8 AN and I use the aeromotive regulator atset at 70psi and I have never saw less than 60psi but I do suck from a fuel cell (from the bottom of it) with two -8 lines all the way to my pump.

smokinrod said:
I run a aeromotive pre filter then a Napa big spinon filter kit after that but it is all plummed in -8 AN and I use the aeromotive regulator atset at 70psi and I have never saw less than 60psi but I do suck from a fuel cell (from the bottom of it) with two -8 lines all the way to my pump.

Hmm.. Mine sucks from a 5/8's stand tube, has 5/8s into the filterhead, then -10 from the filterhead to the pump, and -10 to the injection pump split into 2 -6 feeds, one from the side of the pump and one from the front.

Jeez Garrett, -10 is huge for fuel line, that could be your reason for the large pressure drop @ WOT.....

Joe

running a holley blue no reg and stock lift pump the only bad thing a bout the holleys is you lucky to 2 years out of one, the good thing is you can go to advance auto and get one

RedPuller said:
Jeez Garrett, -10 is huge for fuel line, that could be your reason for the large pressure drop @ WOT.....

Joe

The pump has fittings for -10, its not like I'm using -10 line with a pump that has -6 inlets & outlets..

The -10 won't cause more of a pressure drop even if it was from -6 in the pump to -10. The -10 will have less velocity, hence less pressure drop per foot. The higher the velocity in the hose, the larger the pressure drop. The pressure drop is actually proporional to the velocity^2.

duke1n said:
Wow, someone wanting to replace mechanical pump with electric. Many have wished for and went the opposite direction. My electrics were loud and less than reliable. I can't hear my 12v mech pump and from what I gather they last well too. Good luck with the swap.

I'm with you Dukey, I don't get it. Why not find a pump with a bigger piston?

Back