gettin Garmonized.....

SLVRBullet

well after more problems than i care to talk about in the last couple of monthes with miss matched parts from this company & that.... converter issues, exessive heat issues, etc, wait did i mention converter issues.....

I finally bit the bullet & ordered a complete trans + converter from Jeff that includes his triple disk, billet input, and all the other goodies inside. This will be my 3rd trans of the year already ( stocker finally gave way....then had a complete rebuild locally with good parts & some heat issues destroyed it ) & hopefully the last.

I have spent qyite a bit of time on the phone with Jeff & feel very confident that i`m getting a stout trans from him. I guess i should have asked how much hp it can take... never thought to ask that....hmmmm
Either way i have looked all over the internet & i cant find 1 bad thread about him or his trannies & to say i`m a bit excited to get it would be an uderstatement.

So after it goes in i will post up comments etc. about the trans.

Thanks

You cant go wrong with Garmon good choice. At least you have done your homework and picked the right builder. Some do this 4 times till they get it right so your ahead of the game.

I broke ALOT of billet parts using another person's build. Jeff hooked me up with eariler this year, truck drives completely different now. 4x4 locked shifts in the past almost always promised something billet breaking...not anymore :evil

You cant go wrong with Garmon good choice. At least you have done your homework and picked the right builder. Some do this 4 times till they get it right so your ahead of the game.

:lolly: my wallet doesnt feel like im doing it rite...at least the first time. i thought i could save a few bucks and have a trans done locally, with decent parts etc. but in the end i will be costing me more but at least i know i am getting the best.

I broke ALOT of billet parts using another person's build. Jeff hooked me up with eariler this year, truck drives completely different now. 4x4 locked shifts in the past almost always promised something billet breaking...not anymore :evil

i have read that his trans shift amazing !!!!! cant wait...just a couple more days.

i heard back from Jeff this morning it shipped out yesterday & he said the trans will hold 650 hp at the wheels, so i`m in great shape as i only plan to go to 550 - 600 max. that should make for a pretty nice work/tow vehicle.

Keep us posted!

Congrats on making the "right" call for your purchase...

His brand new converters and like being with a virgin, comfort in knowing nobody elses "parts" have every been in there before!!!! LOL

You won't regret it!!

Love mine, I'm sure you will too! I've got Phil Taylor's Converter, billet input, his 195psi Valvebody and all his other tricks and such, said it should hold 650-700. It shifts amazing, and so smooth and quick, even with the converter locked.

Keep us posted!

His brand new converters and like being with a virgin, comfort in knowing nobody elses "parts" have every been in there before!!!! LOL

You won't regret it!!

well its been a long time since i`ve been with a virgin LOL so i cant wait. Saturday cant get here soon enough.

Love mine, I'm sure you will too! I've got Phil Taylor's Converter, billet input, his 195psi Valvebody and all his other tricks and such, said it should hold 650-700. It shifts amazing, and so smooth and quick, even with the converter locked.

what kind of temps do you see cruising vs. pulling etc.

Keep us posted!

You won't regret it!!

def. keep you posted... i may have a couple questions for you since it seems you are pretty tight with Jeff & know his product all too well.....

after all the issues/problems & wasted money i have had with "other guys parts" i was & still am pretty gun shy at this point after hearing every one else`s promises about how good there product is.

Garmon has an amazing following & nothing but great feedback all over the internet so its my turn now to see/feel the garmon differance.:woohoo:

def. keep you posted... i may have a couple questions for you since it seems you are pretty tight with Jeff & know his product all too well.....

after all the issues/problems & wasted money i have had with "other guys parts" i was & still am pretty gun shy at this point after hearing every one else`s promises about how good there product is.

Garmon has an amazing following & nothing but great feedback all over the internet so its my turn now to see/feel the garmon differance.:woohoo:

Trust me dude...I feel your pain.
These are all from "another guy's" builds of my transmission. 700RWHP, 7800lbs
That doesn't include all of the crap (everything forward of the OD housing, and that housing itself when the billet int shaft broke)

bustedshafts.jpg

Having Garmon's re-do my trans is the best decision I have ever made. I've raced it, towed with it, beat on it. Nothing. Jeff & Co dropped the trans pan on it today, spotless.

On edit: The shaft furthest to the left is a billet 1-3/8" SBC shaft from my NV4500.

Last edited:
Don't have a gauge on it, and don't ever tow.... LOL

"Gauges are for people who care"...I'm 4 years into this truck without any.
I'm actually ordering a pyro tomorrow, only because of stupid Mont Eagle, towing, and SDX.

"Gauges are for people who care"...I'm 4 years into this truck without any.
I'm actually ordering a pyro tomorrow, only because of stupid Mont Eagle, towing, and SDX.

LMAO I have pyro, rail pressure and boost, but its all through my TS MPD and i always forget to look at them!

Trust me dude...I feel your pain.
These are all from "another guy's" builds of my transmission. 700RWHP, 7800lbs
That doesn't include all of the crap (everything forward of the OD housing, and that housing itself when the billet int shaft broke)

bustedshafts.jpg

Having Garmon's re-do my trans is the best decision I have ever made. I've raced it, towed with it, beat on it. Nothing. Jeff & Co dropped the trans pan on it today, spotless.

On edit: The shaft furthest to the left is a billet 1-3/8" SBC shaft from my NV4500.

:clap: wow that is an impressive "trophy" shelf....... no offense.

the converter is being delivered tomorrow & the trans on Thursday..... Saturday mornign out it all comes.

I beleive i have made the right choice this time.......i`m usually not the type to cut corners but 5-6k is alot of coin for a trans.... but then again so is spending 3k+ twice & then having to spend 5-6 K on top of it all....:soap:

feelmecummin did jeff & co just pull it apart for maintanence reasons today or you just wanted to see what it was looking like.

I wish i lived closer, shoot i would have had him build it & install it all at the same time.

Ask away!!

PM me your number and I'll do the same.. Call anytime!

Back