Twins and wastegate questions!!

oldsmokey97

Built me a set of twins. 64/14 on top and S400 on bottom.

Question is..... where do i need to set the wastegate at on the 64mm??? I lowered it a little bit already by making the rod going from the actuator to the wastegate longer by 10 turns on the rod. DO i need to go more??

I also just bought a 38mm Tial ext. gate and was wondering what i need to set it at to get the best spoolup and such.

Is there anything i can do to make this things spool faster?? I know the 64mm on top is hurting me... but.... im not changing it yet.

thanks in advance.

Lance

I have HX40 and HT3B and I just lengthened my rod so that its about 30 PSI to full open mine ....... WOW ... its like a whole new truck .......

some people say as low as 14-18 and other people say 25-30. Which is it?? WHich is better for spoolup vs. maximum all around boost??

what do i need to set the 38mm tial to?? It come out of the box at 14.5

Lance

Only testing will allow you to see where you need to be. Buy 3-4 hours of dyno time and see where your truck likes it.

Twisted Shifter said:
I have HX40 and HT3B and I just lengthened my rod so that its about 30 PSI to full open mine ....... WOW ... its like a whole new truck .......
How do you know when your wastegate is open? I am haing a heck of a time getting mine tuned in.:bang

yea i have b1 b2 twins and have a wastegate.. i have no clue how to adjust it.. it has a dial that u can adjust but i donno what to do.. i would liek my truck to spool faster

Goalie990 said:
yea i have b1 b2 twins and have a wastegate.. i have no clue how to adjust it.. it has a dial that u can adjust but i donno what to do.. i would liek my truck to spool faster

Is your wastegate internal or external?

how much max boost ya makin Lance?

and by how many rpm's does the setup really spool? (pull hard)

Last edited:
Back