custom build transmissions by Garmon diesel

Stanly Clark, Norman Brown, Boney James... all Smooth Jazz rockers. Kenny G is actually a little generic... I just picked that one to poke fun at Jeff ( He hates anything softer than Metalica / Kid Rock!)
But Seriously... Anyone that knows me, or has ridden in my truck, knows how badly I abuse it. Rear tires often last only a few hundred miles, & it rarely sits parked at any get together, as there is always a long list of folks who need to see what it's like to drift sideways at 60mph in a 6000lb pickup.
I use it to transport cars all over my area, & to haul my 30' 5th wheel travel trailer to most races, & even got to haul Jeff's race truck around a few times. I cleaned out my center console a few days ago & there were over 100 time slips (yes, a hundred!) Some from way back when it was in the 13's, up to my most recent NHRDA Super Street Championship winning 11.40 pass. That all adds up to about 40k miles on the Jeff Garmon built tranny, that hasn't even had a fluid change since installed. I dont even want to think about all the times I launched w/ 4th gear manually enabled, or when I try to stop with the converter still locked (thats an ugly sound!)... & jeez, I almost forgot about all the abuse it took while my son was learning to race Quick Diesel with it! (BTW Matt Jr might be the only teenager in the nation to have made an 11sec pass in a 6000 pound truck!) ... but anyway back to the point of this thread... If you need a REAL tranny, You need to meet Jeff.
:tree:

He's got an AWESOME new Flex plate that he's having made too!! Saw it yesterday!! And there's some other new custom parts being made as well....

That thing is bad a$$!!!

Any word on this guy's truck? Any quick post saying that Jeff wasn't at fault?
Josiah

Yes....did you not see my ealier post from page 2 I think....

NO!!! Jeff was not to blame at ALL!!!

It had NOTHING to do with the tranny!!! More like a lack of maintenance thing!!! lol

Not that Jeff can't make a mistake every once and a while like ALL of us, But they are Very Few and far between.....But this time, There was NO fault by "THE" Jeff Garmon!!! LOL

Yeah, I was wondering if it was something like a clogged filter (air or fuel) or maybe a turbo problem.
Oh well, glad it got worked out.
Josiah

well i screwed up, i thought it was the tranny, jeff got it fixed it had a bad exhaust leak, and air filter, in all the vehicles ive messed with (gas) an exhaust leak and filter never caused trans to shift badly but what do ya expect out of a danged ol dodge. picky little trucks.

If not a SunCoast converter then who's? Having a 'spec' built converter is great but who is building it? (I'm SURE Jeff picked a VERY good builder, just donno who?)

If not a SunCoast converter then who's? Having a 'spec' built converter is great but who is building it? (I'm SURE Jeff picked a VERY good builder, just donno who?)

IIRC, same company that makes them for Suncoast with "Thee Jeff Garmon" specs.

Last edited:
Actually suncoast makes all of the parts in house for their converter now
I use precision industries in tennesee for my triple disc I get a two year unconditional warrantee which I pass along to the customer! I have no refresh fees for two years no questions asked! I also keep 5 in stock at all times for warranty swap no charge! In the past shipping to and from a converter builder while a truck hangs on the lift just got to be too much. Not to talk bad about suncoast they build a fabulous product!! I am just in faster paced trany service and needed my own product.
PS I really miss mister webb!

Actually suncoast makes all of the parts in house for their converter now
I use precision industries in tennesee for my triple disc I get a two year unconditional warrantee which I pass along to the customer! I have no refresh fees for two years no questions asked! I also keep 5 in stock at all times for warranty swap no charge! In the past shipping to and from a converter builder while a truck hangs on the lift just got to be too much. Not to talk bad about suncoast they build a fabulous product!! I am just in faster paced trany service and needed my own product.
PS I really miss mister webb!

Straight from the horses mouth!!! LOL

So how much is one of the tranny's gonna run me? and does the warranty still cover 700hp?

I'll be down there tommorow and with Jeff....Call his cell (404 557 4972)around 10am or so (Eastern Time) and leave him a vmail if he doesn't answer....I'll remind him to get back with ya on it!!

what's the tranny for?? Ford, Dodge, Chevy??

So how much is one of the tranny's gonna run me? and does the warranty still cover 700hp?

I'll let Swole answer your questions but, to help a little, the warranty is unconditional for 2 yrs. Even at 1000hp. That's parts only though, not labor. If you do have a problem, you take it a part send/bring Jeff the components and they're warrantied for up to 2 yrs, no questions asked

Since your truck is so new, this may not apply. His competition builds consist of Garmon TC and Intelligent Engineering parts and as far as I know, he's only making his shafts for the Dodge 1994 and up 518, 618, 46RH, 46RE, 47RH, 47RE & 48RE

as for cost that should be between you and Jeff but, it's no more or less than a typical competition built trans.

I've known Jeff for about 7 years and I can tell you this once he sets his mind to something you better get out of his way because his determination to succeed is 2nd to none.

On my weekly commute to Blairsville yesterday I passed Jeff and Phil on I-75 in downtown ATL about 5:30 in the morning and Jeff clued me in on his latest piece of the puzzle....my only advice is watch out for him and Phil in 2009 because both of these guys win when they put their minds to something! :cheer::Cheer:

I've known Jeff for about 7 years and I can tell you this once he sets his mind to something you better get out of his way because his determination to succeed is 2nd to none.

On my weekly commute to Blairsville yesterday I passed Jeff and Phil on I-75 in downtown ATL about 5:30 in the morning and Jeff clued me in on his latest piece of the puzzle....my only advice is watch out for him and Phil in 2009 because both of these guys win when they put their minds to something! :cheer::Cheer:

It's gonna be freakin SWEET huh???!!!!!!

Anyone needed a tranny wether tow, race, both, custom, Whatever!!!

Call Garmon's Diesel Performance!!!!!

id say give jeff a chance, i've never dealt with him but i'd say he would take care of you. if you cant get things fixed by him you might call dave at goerend his is a awsome guy to deal with he done my tranny and i had sum issue and he got them straightend out but i had to wait my turn getting ahold of him. just keep trying to contact jeff.

Back