T shirts, Onesies

Penni

My wife has started making some t shirts & Onesies, mom & child shirt sets, more so as an arts and crafts thing... Anyways, if y'all would want any let me know...

Her fb page is MEP Impressions

a338dec3bbc5225ef1c89734f0fce16e.jpg
0c3ca66418ab043e8f0e4537f7b48251.jpg
2810dd33e744c4b46f266ca2660a65dc.jpg

0b84fca7b78aab35d0f61e94a1eecbad.jpg
767c76bb317296ed0038133c61413328.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Prices are

Onesies - $13.99

T shirts
Home - $22
Locally grown $ 22
Diesel life $20

Mom and child sets
$ 33.99

Long sleeved available for all designs, and also we'll be adding new designs and we can make you whatever you want as well...

The shirts are really good quality fwiw...

She could easily take over the CompD stickers if we were allowed to do so, have to get permission and whatnot...

The CompD shirts, we are only set up for vinyl, the past shirts have been screen-printed... but we could maybe figure something out? Again, we'd have to get permission and make sure its legit, I'm not about to step on anybody's toes

Also, the above shirts, can be any color, any state etc etc...

Hook me up with two 6mo onesies, one black one red, with both those wild things characters. Short sleeve

With just the wild things character? Or with the wording too?

The wording too, just like you had above in the pictures.

Shipping to 43822, you can PM me a total. PayPal ok?

So I'm not sure how any copy write infringement would work? I'm just putting two words on a tshirt? I think id be fine

I’m with you, but the fact that you’re selling them is probably where it starts to get into gray areas.

I’d personally like to see some compd stickers hit the market again. However, I also know some of the headaches brought with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I could easily make CompD stickers, but! Again have to get permission and such

So I'm not sure how any copy write infringement would work? I'm just putting two words on a tshirt? I think id be fine

Not copy write infringement as that applies to content such as text and photography. But they have a Registered Trademark on Diesel Life for their line of T-Shirts and other SWAG... They took the time to develop and market clothing and other gear with the Diesel Life slogan and legally registered the trademark. You coming in and selling clothing that directly competes and has the same wording would infringe on their trademark. They could sue for it for sure...

Think about it this way... it is not the words, but the use of them in marketing your products. For instance, I can write about a Corvette and so can any other person or manufacturer. But if I build a car and call it a Corvette Chevrolet will be all over me to stop producing and selling based on the marketing effort of their registered trademark, the Corvette.

You could try to get out of it and work around it but you have been warned and I wouldn't think that a judge or jury would side with you at all. You would likely loose and owe for damages including legal fees as well as profits made from selling the clothing that infringed on their trademark AND additional penalties for doing it in the first place. In my opinion it would not be worth the risk...

You would be best served coming up with your own slogan and marketing it. It is not cool to use someone elses slogan and hard work. Diesel Life shirts and gear are worn and seen on display at diesel events and retailers all across the country, it would be VERY hard if not impossible for you to prove that you have never seen their logo or slogan.

Just my opinion and 2 cents... YMMV

Not copy write infringement as that applies to content such as text and photography. But they have a Registered Trademark on Diesel Life for their line of T-Shirts and other SWAG... They took the time to develop and market clothing and other gear with the Diesel Life slogan and legally registered the trademark. You coming in and selling clothing that directly competes and has the same wording would infringe on their trademark. They could sue for it for sure...

Think about it this way... it is not the words, but the use of them in marketing your products. For instance, I can write about a Corvette and so can any other person or manufacturer. But if I build a car and call it a Corvette Chevrolet will be all over me to stop producing and selling based on the marketing effort of their registered trademark, the Corvette.

You could try to get out of it and work around it but you have been warned and I wouldn't think that a judge or jury would side with you at all. You would likely loose and owe for damages including legal fees as well as profits made from selling the clothing that infringed on their trademark AND additional penalties for doing it in the first place. In my opinion it would not be worth the risk...

You would be best served coming up with your own slogan and marketing it. It is not cool to use someone elses slogan and hard work. Diesel Life shirts and gear are worn and seen on display at diesel events and retailers all across the country, it would be VERY hard if not impossible for you to prove that you have never seen their logo or slogan.

Geno's garage used to sell shirts and donate part of the profits to charity, until they were made aware that someone had trademarked "got diesel"

Thank you for your detailed response, i will not be making any more,

Thank you for your detailed response, i will not be making any more,

Don't stop making shirts in general, just the ones that say "Diesel Life"... Come up with something good that diesel enthusiasts will like and print away!!!:snoop::rockwoot:

Bump... my wife is having a great go at this shirt making stuff

Back