Nv4500 shims

SCHMITTY

Not enough time
Is there only one shim in the back or are there multiple shims like a differential has ? I swapped a 1.25" shaft for a 1.375" and I'm getting .002-.003" of endplay. I looked the specs up online .002"-.006" but geez .002" hardly feels like any movement at all.

You can buy shim kit that come with an assortment of thickness. I've had better luck with the end play on the tight end of the spec.

I set mine to 2 last time and it works the best i've ever had it. there are multiple shims behind the rear bearing race.

Thanks. Got the truck all out back together but now it's not wanting to go into gear 50 miles after the swap. I'm hoping the stock slave cylinder can be bled and it will fix the problem.

I believe southbend called for .010” end play when going to the larger input shaft. Idk if it’s for the extra load and heat expansion they figure you’re probably putting through it with extra hp, or if it has something to do with the way the clutch and shaft load the bearing. And if you never figured out your going into gear, if it was just low gear, could be the synchronizer for low and first being flipped around. There’s a recess machined into it on the low side for it to actually slip into the gear cavity and grab low, otherwise it feels like it takes but just spits it right out. Ask me how I know

Back