5k haisley gov spring help!

CumminsRacer08

Went from 4k to 5k spring and I have to give it quit a bit of Throttle to start it and keep it running and if you hold the throttle still it will just take off on it own until you let off. Not sure if I installed them right. The 5k didn't come with any instruction, not sure if was I suppose to keep any of the shim in it or the any of the stock spring like had to for the 4k? And both keeper tight down to .52

Try and adjust your idle higher see what that does. If not the loosen them a click, or tighten them up.

You usually have to play with it a tad to find your trucks sweet spot.

Misspelling courtesy of my fat fingers...

Everything under the idle spring(the big one) you will need to reuse. Remove the center spring pack/shims and drop in the haisley 5k's in it's place. Start by putting nut flush with stud then additional 3/4 turn(should feel 1 soft click and 2 hard). You may have to play with idle screw.

Alright back it off a .05 and seem to not need as much throttle to start an and stay running so a little more off should take care of that but when I hold the throttle it still the rpm take off on their own till I let off? Any idea on that

And the haisley 5k kit came with 3 spring for each side that fit right inside each one so I think they replace all the stock ones.

Pull all the shims and use 4k idle spring. Those were the instructions I was told, and I didn't even have to readjust idle.

Back