Best way to launch a G56

cummins alive

I've clicked off a 12.3 the last time down the track but the clutch was NOT happy about it at all. Tossing in a new clutch and heading back out to see if I can drop into the 11's. What's the best way to lauch these trucks and keep a clutch in it for a few weekends? I'm currently triple pedaling and trying to leave at 30ish PSI.

Trucks an 06 5.9ctd 60% Over DDP's & 12 mil CP3, 188/220 cam, S366/73, SouthBend 3600 clutch

Last edited:
Tried 2nd and 3rd. 3rd feels better when I get my timing right. If my timing is off then she bogs down hard. 2nd pulls through the gear super fast and I have a hard time consistently catching 3rd.

if you are dragging the clutch to make boost before launch i think you would be looking at a puller clutch that can handle some heat and abuse. If you are just trying to slip the clutch from a set point of RPM and allowing the slippage build your boost i would look at hydraulic drag slipper set ups. They are basically an orifice on the line that slips the clutch when you release it for consistency. You can adjust the rate at which they release the clutch so you get faster or slower slippage. They are fairly popular in the bang shifters who don't use weighted clutches.

Back