Power washer water hose

cerickson

fullpull108
I got a powerhorse 3100 psi washer for Christmas. I am having a hard time keeping the intake water hose together. I blew the ends off of 3 different water hoses. Figured it was just the nature of the cheapo hose.

Went to walmart 2 weeks ago and bought what they are claiming as their sever or heavy duty $30 hose. The Male end of the hose looked robust. Made it through power washing the wifes truck and half way thru my truck. Then boom, damn end blowed apart.

What hoses are you guys using for your power washers? Need something that will not blow the end off after a couple of uses. Do I need to order a certain hose or try a hardware store instead of Wally World? Any and all help greatly appreciated

Napa here makes a hose that’s basically a hydraulic line with good crimped ends. Works great.

Upon further review. I actually read the book on the power washer. It is saying my water supply is to high coming from the spicket. I have to reduce the pressure. Guess I will be getting me a rv water regulator to hook to hose.

What's your pressure switch set to? I've never had a hose come apart on mine, and always buy the regular "farm and ranch" hose.

What's the water source? Does it have a pressure tank? Don't have a reliable gauge already?

If you don't have a pressure tank and it's just a pump hooked to a pressure switch, you could be getting a spike when you let off the trigger

Water source is city water. Thought it might be a pressure spike as well. No gauge being city water. Just a water meter in the meter pit. Figured this pressure gauge will do the job. If the pressure is to high I can dial it down.

Rest of the house has normal pressure. No rattling or shaking of the pipes from ti much pressure. Never had this problem when I used to use my little cheap electric power washer. Just with this gas powered washer. I'm used to pressure reducers, have been using them for my rv for the past 27 years.

Back