Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 01:22 PM   #41
FlyingHighRacin

Name: FlyingHighRacin
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zstroken View Post
My guess is the convertor is unassembled when you bolt the back to the crank, and then you bolt the convertor together. It does look pretty neat, but man that is alot of bolts!
Yeah this isnt how it works at all. All those bolts you see around the converter are already torqued to spec by Mike and they are not touched unless you need to rebuild or replace the cluth or stator.

Old 10-10-2009, 01:23 PM   #42
FlyingHighRacin

Member`s Gallery
Well I didnt get to drive the truck lastnight and really test it because of the beautiful weather here yesterday. I did take it out this morning and all I can say is HolyS**T. I think for the mods that I have done to my truck it pulls very hard. I dont even have the lock up hooked up yet either. I am very very impressed with this torque converter.
I have some video that Im uploading to photobucket right now but Ill posted them when they are done

Old 10-10-2009, 01:44 PM   #43
FlyingHighRacin

Member`s Gallery
Here are the videos
Click the image to open in full size.
This lastone I was just messin around blowin some somke

Old 10-10-2009, 04:19 PM   #44
zstroken

Name: zstroken
Title: For $$$ your name here
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHighRacin View Post
Yeah this isnt how it works at all. All those bolts you see around the converter are already torqued to spec by Mike and they are not touched unless you need to rebuild or replace the cluth or stator.

I believe there are 8 bolts that hold the flywheel to the crank? How do you bolt the convertor to the crank? I think that is the question that everyone is asking. I guess another picture is needed to show what bolts to the crank.

Factory setup flexplate bolts to the crank, convertor bolts to the flexplate.
I thought you had said the flexplate is integrated into the torque convertor. If that is the case how do you bolt the flex plate/convertor to the crank?
24V P-Pump Mafia member #1(retired)

Thanks to Mumau Diesel, Goerend Transmission, Northeast Diesel Service!

Old 10-10-2009, 04:54 PM   #45
Sandman9

Name: Sandman9
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
he sent me the design before it is pretty sweet. it has a clutch in it that looks like its for a manual trans. im putting one in my truck as well. they are good for automatic puller trucks

Thanks to Farm Boys Diesel&TOXIC DIESEL

Old 10-10-2009, 05:12 PM   #46
jackblack99

Name: jackblack99
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zstroken View Post
I believe there are 8 bolts that hold the flywheel to the crank? How do you bolt the convertor to the crank? I think that is the question that everyone is asking. I guess another picture is needed to show what bolts to the crank.

Factory setup flexplate bolts to the crank, convertor bolts to the flexplate.
I thought you had said the flexplate is integrated into the torque convertor. If that is the case how do you bolt the flex plate/convertor to the crank?

it is integrated. you bolt a plate to the crank.... then put your trans in. then fish the bolts through the access hole in the trans adapter like when your unbolting the converter on your factory flex plate and put bolts through the plate thats bolted to the crank and thread them into the converter/flexplate.

Old 10-10-2009, 05:35 PM   #47
FlyingHighRacin

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackblack99 View Post
it is integrated. you bolt a plate to the crank.... then put your trans in. then fish the bolts through the access hole in the trans adapter like when your unbolting the converter on your factory flex plate and put bolts through the plate thats bolted to the crank and thread them into the converter/flexplate.
That is correct!!!

Old 10-10-2009, 05:57 PM   #48
Kronic_187

Name: Kronic_187
Title: Mekanical injection junky
Member`s Gallery
these guys got a website or what ?

Old 10-10-2009, 07:03 PM   #49
zstroken

Member`s Gallery
So can you post a pic of the plate?

Old 10-10-2009, 07:24 PM   #50
Kick Start

Name: Kick Start
Title: Banned
Member`s Gallery
Ats already used 12 bolts. There's nothing new about that. I'd like to see how long they last overtime, will be very interesting.

All possible because of UNICORNS
Wampus Cat Diesel

Old 10-10-2009, 08:21 PM   #51
FlyingHighRacin

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kick Start View Post
Ats already used 12 bolts. There's nothing new about that. I'd like to see how long they last overtime, will be very interesting.
Alright I wasnt aware of that but anyways I can tell you that its a very stout unit but yeah well see how much of my abuse it holds up to

As far as a picture of the plate Ill have to get one.

Old 10-10-2009, 08:46 PM   #52
zstroken

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHighRacin View Post
Alright I wasnt aware of that but anyways I can tell you that its a very stout unit but yeah well see how much of my abuse it holds up to

As far as a picture of the plate Ill have to get one.

Thanks, just be easier than trying to visualize what your saying.

Old 10-11-2009, 08:59 AM   #53
KILLER 'B'

Name: KILLER 'B'
Title: Pro Wrench Turner
Member`s Gallery
you need a lockup switch...... that will ne the test to see if the converter will hold up...

Old 10-11-2009, 10:50 AM   #54
CSIDODGE

Name: CSIDODGE
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
If you really want to put it to the test send us one and we will see how long it lasts ! I am glad you are making other options for TCs !

Old 10-11-2009, 01:27 PM   #55
FlyingHighRacin

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XTrEmE9156 View Post
you need a lockup switch...... that will ne the test to see if the converter will hold up...
Yeah I know I should be able to get to that sometime this week. Im hoping depending on the weather to make it to Milan Dragway this wensday for their test and tune day. Will definetly have a lock up before I head that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIDODGE View Post
If you really want to put it to the test send us one and we will see how long it lasts ! I am glad you are making other options for TCs !
Umm well I cant do that because I dont make them. Mike Jarsembski the creator of the VP Monster Pump makes them. He already has one of his TCs in a 750+HP VP drag truck. That truck will be the best test for Mikes TC yet. This truck ran an 11.49 fuel only at the FASS Nationals this year in Indy and this was with out his Flex-lite fans hooked up and his Red Line box not working properly

I think this truck will be acompaning me to Milian also

If anyone if wanting to talk to Mike about his torque converter let me know and I can get you his #

Old 10-11-2009, 01:34 PM   #56
jackblack99

Member`s Gallery
i cant speak for CSI.. but im pretty sure they are makin more than 750hp!! their truck would be a good test to see if they will hold up to racing abuse.. which is why im guessing he made them the way he did. for competition use which would require more frequent maint than someone that daily drives the truck

Old 10-11-2009, 04:26 PM   #57
FlyingHighRacin

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
i cant speak for CSI.. but im pretty sure they are makin more than 750hp!! their truck would be a good test to see if they will hold up to racing abuse.. which is why im guessing he made them the way he did. for competition use which would require more frequent maint than someone that daily drives the truck
Mike also kept that in mind, he has been talking with engineers (not sure who but I know he has)on the design of this TC. Yes he built it for heavy abuse (drag racing which is what Mike does, Sled Pulling, and heavy towing) but at the same time it is very efficent and a very clean TC. By clean Im saying you dont have a bunch of clutches that can slip and get burnt up and dirty up your ATF. My buddy with the 750+HP truck was having to change his ATF every 3 to 4 months because of the ATS 5 Star he had. This was the reason for Mike going with a giant single clutch. Im not the best person to give all the spec and to explain all of the internals but like I said I can get you in contact with Mike. And if CSI has a serious truck and wants to try one of these converters he needs to talk to Mike. Who knows maybe he will get you one for testing. Thats not up to me though!

Old 10-11-2009, 05:03 PM   #58
jackblack99

Member`s Gallery
id pm them the number cause if i remember right.. i think they are (or atleast were) having the same problems jimmy smith was having with not being able to get a converter to hold up to their power. maybe mike could get some input on what a big hp drag truck will do with his converter. ill admit. its a smart design and sounds like a good set up. nice to see guys getting innovative with these parts we spend our hard earned cash on. when i come back up to toledo for school in JAN id love to come over and meet mike. im in napoleon fairly frequently. got a friend over there

Old 10-11-2009, 05:30 PM   #59
FlyingHighRacin

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
id pm them the number cause if i remember right.. i think they are (or atleast were) having the same problems jimmy smith was having with not being able to get a converter to hold up to their power. maybe mike could get some input on what a big hp drag truck will do with his converter. ill admit. its a smart design and sounds like a good set up. nice to see guys getting innovative with these parts we spend our hard earned cash on. when i come back up to toledo for school in JAN id love to come over and meet mike. im in napoleon fairly frequently. got a friend over there
I will and yeah when your back in the area let me know, Im just west of Archbold and we can make a trip over to Mike's shop. I think youll be impressed.

Old 10-11-2009, 05:35 PM   #60
jackblack99

Member`s Gallery
i hear he's a cool guy. and VERY smart with the cummins!!

Closed Thread