BD short shifer

Fire Rescue1401

ok my stock shifter fork broke a few weeks back so i took this chance to buy a BD short shifter. was at Crandall last night and on my first pass the BD broke in the same spot my stock one did. the thread broke clean off the fork. has only been on the truck for two weeks, and hasn't even been raced. left the line last night while test and tuning and came out of third and it snapped fell into neutral so i just had to roll the rest of the track. What kind of metal is it made of, is it billet, forged, what? cause it didn't last for crap....

Thanks,
Eric

good luck.... friend of mine had 2 of those short shifter kits from BD... broke both of them, in a month or so...... he got told to eat it....

yet it's a casting defect and they all snap in the same spot.... another fine BD product and awsome customer service.

I called them up and they sent me a new one. i had my old one welded up so it works for now. i am going to build my own custom shifter next i guess. i am going to send my stock one that is now welded up cause i broke it too, and the welded BD to get tested to find out how strong it is and see if it can be heat treated to make it stronger...

waiting on a response from BD on what they are going to do about the one i broke this weekend........4 hours from home

shifting a dual disc in a lifted truck with a pair of vice grips on the stub is enough to throw you into a world of pissed off

Mine broke as well but it was out of warranty and was told to bad so sad... And I agree with trying to improvise something to shift the damn thing is a major pita! Did the vise grip trick as well. Lucky mine broke while going to third and gimped it to a home depot to buy one then home which was abt an hour away...

ya me and a tig welder are gonna dance with this piece tonight, i know i can weld it, but im afraid how it is hardened and what will happen to the metal after i put heat to it

i was able to shove a socket and two extensions over the stub, but it was as sloppy as the loose girl in high school

I broke one also. I got home using a tire iron to shift. Burnt up my first dual disk clutch cause of it. Got the same service. We will send you a new one. But no thanks put my stock one back in. One burnt clutch was enough for me not to use another one.

I have had my stock and two bd's welded back about 8 times and they keep breaking, I called lazarsmith and sent him my stock one and he did a custom build on it and I have been ripping on it for a while now and no breaks... But as for the bd I think it's crap!! I have bought the first one about 10 months ago and they sent me the new one about 4 months ago and both broke with in a few weeks. I have used vise grips and tire irons to get back home. Now I just make sure I have everything in my truck to change it out and put a welded one back in. I think I have changed it out on the side of the road 3 or 4 times now...

Back