pump problems

gwhammy

I drove my fummins this morning pulling a trailer to a job close. Had to take it home to get dump truck for one load got back in it to go back to the job and when I started it it went wide open. I shut it off immediately and set for a few seconds then restarted it. It didn't go wide open this time but the idle dropped from the 900 setting to barely idling at around 500 rpms. I drove it a few miles getting equipment home with no other problem other than the idle. I'm the only one driving it, been around this motor for years when my brother in law had it. I rebuilt it and put it in a 09 ford and have drove it around 10,000. Pump has had 4000 gsk, barrels turned and a plate for years. Other than the idle it's like nothing happened.

You had a look under the AFC and the gov spring plug? Just curious if something let go in the governor that might be visible.

Glad it did not go full tilt while you were behind the wheel.

Haven't looked at it, it's idling at around 750 rpms now. Throttle response is same as it's always been. I pulled a light trailer about 50 miles this morning with no problems. It was almost like the rack was stuck wide open for a few seconds. I rarely see over 2800 rpms in this truck.

Crank sensor, it was new with the tach swapper but went bad. Funny I've had a lot of 12 valves and never had one go bad.

Back