(47re) Transgo manual valve leaks pressure in reverse

Tested with air. All other gears you can hear the air go elsewhere in the trans, but in reverse, it just leaks out past the shift valve into the trans pan.

Anyone ran into this?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
The older transgo manual valves had that problem, the latest transgo manual valves seem to have cured the problem. I'd reuse the OEM manual valve before the old style transgo.

lavon

The older transgo manual valves had that problem, the latest transgo manual valves seem to have cured the problem. I'd reuse the OEM manual valve before the old style transgo.

lavon

Don't know when it was made. What were the bad years?

Tweaked the rooster tale some to stop it from leaking. Still don't have reverse or overdrive. And 3rd wont come on until you flip the OD switch.

Ps: if anyone has any idea what the hell is wrong, please just call or text me asap.

Last edited:
Put the old valve back in, and still no reverse. Band was double checked. What the hell could this be?

Edit: now the front clutch is suspect. That could cause no reverse, 3rd, or od.

Last edited:
No one is following this anymore, but to anyone that uses the pre-assembled tcs billet front drum (clutches and everything already installed), break it down and check for both seals, don't assume they're in there.

Good part out of this, managed to get an extra clutch in the forward pack and the rear pack, for 12 total, instead of 10. Everything spec'd out good with some plate and ring swaps.

All this because of a routine vb swap that should have taken a couple hours LOL

Sorry Mike I got busy today and never got a chance to call, if you still need anything lmk and I'd be glad to help.

Lavon

No reverse and your having OD problems? Brake clutches in the OD section, weak spring, etc?

Have reverse now, but can't get third gear unless I lock out OD on the column, and flip the OD switch, then it shifts. Still no OD though.

Spring is still good, and clutches are new.

Last edited:
Have reverse now, but can't get third gear unless I lock out OD on the column, and flip the OD switch, then it shifts. Still no OD though.

Spring is still good, and clutches are new.

Sure you have it wired right?

Od wire was never cut LOL we thought the other guy had cut it. So od was coming on as soon as it hit 3rd and we just didn't know.

So new problem is no 2nd gear. All we can come up with is the front band, so we're re-adjusting and going from there.

All fixed.

For those running the transgo manual kit, how many turns did you turn in the pressure adjustment, and where is your tv adjusted on the pump linkage?

Back