edge comp/smarty stack tuning question

CumminsCrazed

ok guys, i know theres already hundreds of threads on this, but nothing i found really answered the question im looking for.

Anyway i have an unlocked edge comp and am buying a smarty dirt cheap from a guy. Mainly buying smarty for tire size recalibration and the ability to change torque settings, injector duration etc. I am aware the comp and smarty both add timing and that the stack is proven to reduce power on the top end.

My question is if i run the edge on 5x5, and i run the smarty on a low to mid level NON timing setting, say sw#4 will i still see a drop in top end power as im keeping the smarty levels down? ive played with smarties on my truck before, but not since i did engine build or for a long enough period of time to really test anything. Heres the MAIN list of my current mods if thatll be of any help to you guys.

edge comp unlocked
64/71/14 turbo
7x0.011 injectors
184/215 cam
dual valve springs
billet pushrods
o ringed and p/p head
afe bladerunner intake horn
3 pc exhaust manifold
sbc 3600dd

etc etc

just looking for personal opinions/thoughts on how id like to run this and see where it goes from there.

I had my truck on a mustang dyno a couple years back testing an edge drag comp and smarty S-03. I did not see any difference at all messing with duration, torque setting, or timing. I used to always run 3x3 sw8 or 5x5 sw8 always ran pretty well. I actually picked up more power running smarty on sw6 with edge on either 3x3 or 5x5. Anything on the smarty below that just knocked the bottom out of the torque. I believe it was like 35 HP and 80 ft lbs or so I would have to go dig out the dyno sheets. Hope this helps, but keep in mind every truck is different just food for thought.

if you could find dyno sheets n confirm with settings thatd be sweet. if i can gain even 20 more hp outta the smarty with my current setup id be happy. if not i still will like it for tire recal etc

I know what settings I had usesd that night. I just cant remember exactly how much power I picked up. I knnow it was roughly 35 hp and 80 ft lbs of torque. Keep in mind every truck is a little different.

My truck never liked the smarty/edge stack. I have a monster pump, so that may have been the issue. I finally went to a redline/ EZ stack. Truck ran good, but runs even better with the current Redline/Smarty stack. I picked up about 2/10ths in the quarter.

I would run 3x3 just for daily driving, 5x5 set to kill for messing around. I picked up the power on 5x5 and sw6

Back