"REPEAT OFFENDER" - Swoles back at it!

Oh man Swole...That is horrible luck man totaling out your new 2nd truck, that thing was flat gorgeous with the blacked out wheels...I feel for you ,dude. I bet your insurance company hates you now huh? You gonna buy a third truck???

Just thought I'd get an early start.............that poor, beautiful rig. I bet it cries softly at night in the driveway.....

Lookin good I think the center caps will look fine. A guy at work plasti diped his badges on his black 05 CR, it looks good and I think it would on yours too.

Umm, gates open at 8am Saturday :)

Well I guess I might not make it..lol
I'm am off but need to stay local this weekend.
Plus have off duty details to work this wknd. so I can keep paying for these toys.

Two questions
#1. The red circle, maybe a future boost leak? Kinda looks like that pipe is pulling down on that boot pretty decent.
#2. The green circle, is that an air intake temperature sensor that ties into the factory wiring?

Agreed!!

This is how it came when I bought it.
Surprisingly It's not leaking yet.

I just havent' had time to really get my hands on all this stuff under the hood.
Someday I'm going to do a once over on Everything...Relash the valves, retorque, fuel lines, tubing and boots, etc....

Oh man Swole...That is horrible luck man totaling out your new 2nd truck, that thing was flat gorgeous with the blacked out wheels...I feel for you ,dude. I bet your insurance company hates you now huh? You gonna buy a third truck???

Just thought I'd get an early start.............that poor, beautiful rig. I bet it cries softly at night in the driveway.....

Thats funny right there!!
Had me confused for a sec.....LOL

Lookin good I think the center caps will look fine. A guy at work plasti diped his badges on his black 05 CR, it looks good and I think it would on yours too.

Yeah, that stuff seems to work very well..

I'll be doing the bumpers, Grill, and Emblems...

LOL I love your threads the chit that happens to you is unreal but yet I still laugh lol. There almost needs to be a section on this form called swoled haha :Cheer:

Which part??

Or just me having another high HP truck? lol
You waiting on the next Carnage Pics too?? LOL[/QUOTE]

Two questions
#1. The red circle, maybe a future boost leak? Kinda looks like that pipe is pulling down on that boot pretty decent.
#2. The green circle, is that an air intake temperature sensor that ties into the factory wiring?

David,

He is right about that pipe. The 13 and 16SS housings require that the bottom turbo mount be modified. The housings are physically larger then the case housings. It's not hard to modify the mount. Basically the bottom turbo needs to be moved back and up. I'm surprised that you aren't getting a leak from the hot pipe. Here is what it should look like:
DSCN0075.jpg

The intercooler pipe should also be layed over more towards the valve cover. Here is a pic that shows that:
DSCN0074.jpg

BTW, nice looking truck.

Paul

LOL I love your threads the chit that happens to you is unreal but yet I still laugh lol. There almost needs to be a section on this form called swoled haha :Cheer:

lol

That would be funny...
A carnage section called "Swoled".
The "haters" wouldn't like that though....:rolleyes:

David,

He is right about that pipe. The 13 and 16SS housings require that the bottom turbo mount be modified. The housings are physically larger then the case housings. It's not hard to modify the mount. Basically the bottom turbo needs to be moved back and up. I'm surprised that you aren't getting a leak from the hot pipe. Here is what it should look like:

The intercooler pipe should also be layed over more towards the valve cover. Here is a pic that shows that:

BTW, nice looking truck.

Paul

Very interesting..
Wonder why that's not mentioned to buyers?
In fact there was an issue with the mount missing from his orginal package but due to being deployed he didn't open it until a few months later.
He was then charged for a mount he already paid for...
Not "Source Like" at all....hmm

Anyway, thanks for the info.
I really hate to have to tear this thing apart to modify something like that right now.:nail:

I'll see how long it'll hold this way.
If I pop a boot then I'll have to do the mod.
Hope I can figure it out.

And yes, I noticed the intercooler pipe needs moved down a bit.
He had it too high and it actually put a very small dent from the bottom side when he closed the hood.. Dangit.

I'll get it all fixed up someday.
I just have very little time to even enjoy it right now since I got moved to Night Shift..Now I have to work all my off duty details for extra money on my days off...They really screwed me...
Hoping to go back to days next year though..

Thanks for the info Sir!!

Like I've already said in varies other threads, I'm liken the new trucks and what your doing with them! Updates are always cool, I am interested to hear how the next round of tuning with Rich goes (for low-end response and to tune out some more smoke IIRC). I think you said it will be in-person so you can really get things dialed in.

Best of luck and keep at it Swolasaurus!

Swole when are you going to stop playing with all that twin stuff and move over to the big single dark side? :)

Like I've already said in varies other threads, I'm liken the new trucks and what your doing with them! Updates are always cool, I am interested to hear how the next round of tuning with Rich goes (for low-end response and to tune out some more smoke IIRC). I think you said it will be in-person so you can really get things dialed in.

Best of luck and keep at it Swolasaurus!

Thanks Bro!!

Yes it'll be in person the next time I can get down to Rich or he comes up to Jeff's...Really would like him to get it on his load cell dyno...That's the best way from him to REALLY get it perfect...

But street logging and tweaking can do it as well...

It already Lites like MAD! So when he cleans it up a bit further, it should simply be a Dream to drive...

My 2012 may never see the Road as long as I have this one...LOL
Well except to tow it when I sell my TDI and can afford to buy a trailer.

Swole when are you going to stop playing with all that twin stuff and move over to the big single dark side? :)

As soon as I can actually afford to have a Truly devoted RACE vehicle only and not worry about resale or street manners, I'd probably do it...

I know they are more effecient and a whole lot less hastle under the hood...

Maybe it's just the displacement and the PCS controller to my advantage but i've done everything thus far with a big single. I'm rocking a single FPE HX40 on my 4 door now, I've never driven twins but if you have the drivability of that little guy and the top end power of a big single then no wonder but mannnnnn I love the hit that a single 475 gives when it decides to wake up & play

The 6.7's definately love singals..
I'f I was doing a 6.7, I'd go that route too.

5.9's can rock a single but no where near like the 6.7's do in size.

First pic with the powder coated wheels & painted caps.

Tmrw I'll be working on Plasti DiP Blacking of the bumpers and grill.
Then removing the chrome step rails.

3229ee38.jpg

I like this! You've had "Interceptor" in many different forms from fast to broken, now you've got "Repeat Offender" to play with, and "House Arrest" will never get driven!LOL

Back