Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Deployed Member Check In
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 08:16 PM   #41
2141pete

Name: 2141pete
Title: Hell I dont know
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmikeismad View Post
lol, are you supposed to salute WO's? We work with a lot of army folks, and see them occasionally. We never know what to do though.
Yes, one of ours would let you know if you passed by and didn't lol

Old 04-04-2011, 08:34 PM   #42
BtsNhoS

Name: BtsNhoS
Title: I need a truck
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
lol, are you supposed to salute WO's? We work with a lot of army folks, and see them occasionally. We never know what to do though.
hahaha yeah you are supposed to salute them; alot probably dont care since they were priors for so long

Old 04-04-2011, 08:42 PM   #43
copenglenn

Name: copenglenn
Title: It's beer 30
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2141pete View Post
The pay raise was only actually right under $200 a month but this summer it will be another $200 so that will be nice. For us a WO is considered a subject matter expert. For us you have to have at least 7 years time in service and at least an E5. Usually guys are a little farther along though.

Only certain MOS's are feeders for the WO program for us. Usually infantry, maintenance, and technical MOS's, no pilots at all for us though.
I went to a WO recruiting event a little over a year ago and was very suprised at the number of MOS's that do have a WO program. Like you said, they are considered subject matter experts and you see a lot of those guys in the maintenance field.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:30 PM   #44
madmikeismad

Name: madmikeismad
Title: So mad
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Thanks man and Congrats on the upcoming commissioning. I wish we did have to take the tests, it would help hold some back that don't deserve it.
Trust me, the idiots still make it through. Hell, I passed the E5 test first try, without opening a book. I suppose the right test would be nice, but I don't see anyone making a test hard enough to filter out idiots.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:27 PM   #45
BigBadDodge

Name: BigBadDodge
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
As a CWO4 I have stopped several folks who failed to render a salute but do so tactfully and not as an ass. I was stationed for 6 years at our largest Training Center and most of the younger folks are confused when they first approach a Warrant Officer as they most likely haven’t encountered too many of us, only 24 in my rating in the whole Coast Guard. I do it mostly for educational purposes so they know and won’t be confused in the future and will from that time forward be able to render the proper salute.

Oh yeah I am not a pilot I am into civil engineering.

Both the Army and Navy have Warrant Officer Pilot programs.

BBD

Old 04-04-2011, 10:51 PM   #46
2141pete

Member`s Gallery
We learn from the get go. I remember a drill instructor telling us don't be the idiot to miss a salute. They used to tell us they didn't care if an LT left his dog in the car, if it had a blue sticker the dog rates a salute

Old 04-05-2011, 10:05 PM   #47
BtsNhoS

Member`s Gallery
you know there getting rid of base stickers? i mean they are pointless as hell and a pia to get, a couple bases up here dont require them and soon NOB and Oceana wont either

Old 04-05-2011, 10:13 PM   #48
madmikeismad

Member`s Gallery
We did away with those years ago.

Old 04-05-2011, 10:19 PM   #49
2141pete

Member`s Gallery
Come down here to the ncbc in gulfport. It is ridiculous down here. Always 100% checks and stickers a must. My family can't even come down to visit without me bringing them through the gate even if they have a pass.

Old 04-05-2011, 10:58 PM   #50
BigBadDodge

Name: BigBadDodge
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Come down here to the ncbc in gulfport. It is ridiculous down here. Always 100% checks and stickers a must. My family can't even come down to visit without me bringing them through the gate even if they have a pass.
Good I am all for that, unfortunately its necessary these days, and I would rather you be caused a little inconvenience then somebody to report that you were taken out by some dumb ass terrorist.

Doing away with the decals and doing 100% I.D. Checks is the way to go. I still remember the day I saw a coast guard windshield decal on a car at used car lot, I swung around and told the dealer to take it off now and I waited until he did. Obviously some CG dumb ass didn’t take it off when he traded the vehicle in.

BBD

Old 04-05-2011, 11:03 PM   #51
madmikeismad

Member`s Gallery
Yeah we have used cars all over town with base stickers still on them. We have an E-3 with a O-6 sticker on his rear window. We leave that one alone lol

Old 04-06-2011, 01:34 PM   #52
oceanside78

Name: oceanside78
Title: fresh meat
Member`s Gallery
Any Army WO in here? If so, any prior infantry? Seems infantry can only go pilot. How hard/long was the process for that?
"American Parachutists...devils in baggy pants...are less than 100 meters from my outpost line. I can't sleep at night; they pop up from nowhere and we never know when or how they will strike next. Seems like the black-hearted devils are everywhere..."

Old 04-06-2011, 07:04 PM   #53
BtsNhoS

Member`s Gallery
yeah the navy still does 100% id checks

Closed Thread