04 48re problem

dangerous06

diesel tech
Truck is running 3000 rpm at 70 mph shifts thru gears at 28 3000 rpm
Running in traffic always down shifts and runs up to 3000 rpm when giving it pedal?
Soleniods possibly or speed sensor?

It's connected any advice don't see any way to adjust it. It just clips on below the throttle cable. So high revving can be caused by this cable?
What about the solenoid assy? Pressure solenoid or ??

Youtube is your friend!! I got that adjusted now I just have a kick down when ever I touch the pedal between 30 and 40 mph! It will up shift but as soon as I touch the pedal it downshifts and will max out rpm's without shifting up!

Can you test the governor pressure? With a scan tool? Sounds like you are having a hunting shift issue. My 07 5.9 had this problem as well.

Truck is running 3000 rpm at 70 mph shifts thru gears at 28 3000 rpm
Running in traffic always down shifts and runs up to 3000 rpm when giving it pedal?
Soleniods possibly or speed sensor?

I hope you are sponsoring CompD for all the questions you ask for being a "diesel tech."

Didn't you just have this tranny out and damaged a harness? Did you get that repaired properly? Why was the tranny out to start with?

It was front band adjustment had never been done! So TV cable SLACK and out of wack band will make a tranny act like its dying!!
Good to know! I appreciate all the help and give back as much as I can!
That's what makes this site awesome! "THE PEOPLE"

Back