Metal cutting laser question.

RonA

Found a pretty good deal on a small foot print 500W laser Everything I cut is small(2" diameter or less, 14ga to 22ga stainless) so the small table will be fine for me. I'm not finding much info about how much gas they use(Nitrogen). If they use a lot, I may look into buying liquid Nitrogen instead of a 250cu/ft bottle. Anyone running a laser have any ideas about consumables.
RonA

Found a pretty good deal on a small foot print 500W laser Everything I cut is small(2" diameter or less, 14ga to 22ga stainless) so the small table will be fine for me. I'm not finding much info about how much gas they use(Nitrogen). If they use a lot, I may look into buying liquid Nitrogen instead of a 250cu/ft bottle. Anyone running a laser have any ideas about consumables.

RonA
I work at a place called Laserflex, I text one of the guys your post. This was his reply. I dont know anything about the laser side, I'm a welder. Dont if this really helps, but I'll gladly forward more questions!
2759498a2806001cc1a0a5d6e06c3f66.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'm really trying to find out what kind of flow rate they use with Nitrogen gas. Seems to be the biggest overhead expense.

Back