6.0 inj

well what size turbo would be good to run with those big of an inj. I had no idea those things were that big. Thanks for the help.

Why don't we look at it another way. What do you want to do with your truck and how much are you looking at spending?

The answer to your question leads you down an expensive road. Very fun, but pretty expensive and more than most want to spend. Working the equation the other way around will usually get you where you want to be.

Trusted what size injectors are you liking for the tow compound and street set ups?

I was thinking of running 225s with the tow compounds, but from the looks of this thread - those turbos won't be enough.

Our Towing Compounds are designed for stock injectors up to 190cc’s. Anything above that, we recommend going with our Performance Compounds. You can still tow with the Performance Compounds but we don’t recommend anything over 15,000lbs.

While we have not officially released any numbers or data on the Towing Compounds, we do expect them to be able to support 600 horsepower and we are estimating the Performance Compounds to be around 800 horsepower.

We are in the process of building what we hope will be the final test set of our Towing Compounds. Assuming they work as we need them to, we will start releasing information. But I would say if you are looking for a fun to drive truck with great versatility, 190ish cc injectors with our Towing Compounds will provide just that.

Hrm, 800 horses and still able to tow 15,000? Sign me up.

Although the tow compounds sound pretty badass too. Deci$ion$, deci$ion$.

Our Towing Compounds are designed for stock injectors up to 190cc’s. Anything above that, we recommend going with our Performance Compounds. You can still tow with the Performance Compounds but we don’t recommend anything over 15,000lbs.

While we have not officially released any numbers or data on the Towing Compounds, we do expect them to be able to support 600 horsepower and we are estimating the Performance Compounds to be around 800 horsepower.

We are in the process of building what we hope will be the final test set of our Towing Compounds. Assuming they work as we need them to, we will start releasing information. But I would say if you are looking for a fun to drive truck with great versatility, 190ish cc injectors with our Towing Compounds will provide just that.

A set of towing compounds at 600hp is exactly what i'd like to have. What kind of boost would a set of towing compounds have with like a set of casserly 190's that i have? If i was to get a twin setup it has to be a somewhat easy install without having to remove the cab. Got any pics of your towing setup? And what size are the turbo's? I'm guessing the smaller high pressure turbo is like a 62/70 right?

A set of towing compounds at 600hp is exactly what i'd like to have. What kind of boost would a set of towing compounds have with like a set of casserly 190's that i have? If i was to get a twin setup it has to be a somewhat easy install without having to remove the cab. Got any pics of your towing setup? And what size are the turbo's? I'm guessing the smaller high pressure turbo is like a 62/70 right?

As I mentioned above, we have not released any numbers officially. We do not want to mislead people. The original compounds were designed for 550 and the feedback we got was that wasn't enough. So, we have gone back to the drawing board and changed the chargers to accommodate more horsepower without loose functionality.

We tore the compounds off of one of our test trucks and will be reworking the plumbing to fit the new chargers. We will be going back together with an S300 for the high pressure turbo that is designed to start building boost around 1200 rpms. The low pressure will feature a custom compressor wheel in an S400 frame. The compressor wheel may need to be altered a few times to achieve the power level we are shooting for. Since this is a new combination with a couple of custom components, any boost or horsepower numbers would be only educated guesses. As I mentioned above, we have designed this kit to have an upper limit of 600 horsepower.

Our Compounds are cab on installation. We have designed the kit for the enthusiast to be able to install over a weekend inside the garage and for a shop to install in a day or less. We are hoping that by reducing the installation cost, the cost of the compounds will be more affordable (estimated retail $7,500 to $8,000).

If you are ready for compounds now, shoot me a PM and we can discuss what we can do on your truck. If you can wait a while, we will be posting photos and numbers on the kit when it is released (most likely mid to late September). We are still looking for one more test truck with 180 to 200cc injectors ($5,900 + $100 shipping) if you are interested.

Below is a photo of the current design (550 horsepower with two S300's)
Trusted_Performance_Towing_Compounds.jpg

I think Shawn and Tyler already knew that the magic turbo numbers for all round functionability were by using an S-300, and S-400.
They have said that for over a year now.
They have never really released the measurements of the low pressure turbo, but the high pressure is ALWAYS a 62/70.
Injectors used: 215cc. (No wonder they both just smiled and shook their heads when I said I had 225's with a single.):hehe:

Go with the 225 just have your tuner turn the fuel down to control heat. Then when you get ready to throw a bigger charger on it you wil be set.

I run matts 205s and they are BIG for a stock turbo but with the right tunning you'll be fine.

Guess you don't tow anything then:hehe:

I think Shawn and Tyler already knew that the magic turbo numbers for all round functionability were by using an S-300, and S-400.
They have said that for over a year now.
They have never really released the measurements of the low pressure turbo, but the high pressure is ALWAYS a 62/70.
Injectors used: 215cc. (No wonder they both just smiled and shook their heads when I said I had 225's with a single.):hehe:

Our low pressure turbos are simply an off the shelf S480. Nothing special there at all. We also have a compound setup with an S475 on it also here in our hometown. And yes most run the 62/70 as the high pressure charger.

have towed with your excursion if so how omuch weight and what did you egts run while towing. Im curious i have bought the same set up from elite 185s with a vgt ssx. blows smoke like crazy egts are through the roof. elite said that the stall on the ats stage 2 tq was too low sent it in and had it set up to 2100 rpms and having the sct retuned by eric @ innovative. curious as what i should expect for performance.

have towed with your excursion if so how omuch weight and what did you egts run while towing. Im curious i have bought the same set up from elite 185s with a vgt ssx. blows smoke like crazy egts are through the roof. elite said that the stall on the ats stage 2 tq was too low sent it in and had it set up to 2100 rpms and having the sct retuned by eric @ innovative. curious as what i should expect for performance.

I have the same set-up and it works good for me. Elite tunes are way better with the combo as far as DD duties are concerned, I leave Insanity in 90% of the time and have no trouble with smoke or egt's. The SSX is a big vgt, and other than more lag than stock, is fine with 185's.

Back