6.0 inj

dirty12

I am doing headgaskets on my work truck and we figured we might as well put some injectors in it. I am looking at putting some elite diesel 255 cc in it what do you guys think of these injectors its an 2003 stock turbo headstuds hyprmax head gasket egr delete.

I wouldn't go bigger than 185's on a daily driver. I had their 185's and stock turbo on my 06 F250 and its more than enough fuel. If you plan on staying with a VVT, 155's will give you all the fuel you need. With the ability to tune the FICM, I don't think the bigger sticks are needed.

Go with the 225 just have your tuner turn the fuel down to control heat. Then when you get ready to throw a bigger charger on it you wil be set.

I run matts 205s and they are BIG for a stock turbo but with the right tunning you'll be fine.

Yeah but even with 225's you can only turn a bigger injector down soo much. If it was like a 180 or 190 they could be turned down enough for the stock turbo. But bigger than that like the 225's i'm not sure if they can be turned down enough, they might still be too big.

Go with the 225 just have your tuner turn the fuel down to control heat. Then when you get ready to throw a bigger charger on it you wil be set.

I run matts 205s and they are BIG for a stock turbo but with the right tunning you'll be fine.

Whatever......:hehe:

225's are enough fuel for BIG twins.

Why not just get a set of 180-200cc injectors, and get your tuner to extract MORE fuel from them, instead of cutting them back. (Even with 180-200cc injectors, they will have to be cut back for a stock turbo.)

And really...225's in your work truck....:hehe::hehe:
Like fuel doesn't cost enough already...:doh:

Whatever......:hehe:

225's are enough fuel for BIG twins.

Why not just get a set of 180-200cc injectors, and get your tuner to extract MORE fuel from them, instead of cutting them back. (Even with 180-200cc injectors, they will have to be cut back for a stock turbo.)

And really...225's in your work truck....:hehe::hehe:
Like fuel doesn't cost enough already...:doh:

I totally agree. 190's are big enough for twins so why go way bigger than that with the stock charger. Eric at ID didn't have to back fuel off of any of my tunes when i put my casserly 190's in, and i was running the stock charger at the time. Even now with my II 62/70, my truck hazes pretty good with the 190's. So i believe i've got enough fuel for a 64mm or even a set of twins. The modded FICM i have i believe played a huge role in fueling for the injectors.

If you Plan on pulling with this WORK truck at all then i wouldent even install bigger inj.

Anyways with 205,s 100+ mile cammute a day up and I-15 So Cal hills i wont enen see 1000F (DRIVING NORMAL) dont get me wrong lay into it hard and 1400F comes quick. 225,s are BIG but it depends on what kind of power he is trying to achive.

If you actually want it to be a work truck don't put anything over 190cc in it in my opinion. We have a customer who is managing it with some 190's but he still needs more air. I have 225's with big turbos and it is not fun to daily drive or work. It can be done but you have to put up with a lot.

Agreed.... I have 190's with a stock turbo in my truck. I love it, but I NEED more air. I "CAN" drive it without putting out more than just a haze, but that just ain't as fun. My truck is a DO EVERYTHING truck, my daily driver, work truck (gen construction), hot rod, people hauler. I do work my truck, I am often loaded fairly heavy and towing from time to time (not over 10K yet).

From MY EXPERIENCE, if someone wants to upgrade injectors and wait on turbo (but still plan to upgrade turbo) then 190's are a great size to go with. Wouldn't go any bigger though without a turbo upgrade. Ya gotta know how to drive it though or you'll piss everybody off, and forget racing froma light if there are people behind you (they'll literally disappear). If planning on staying with stock turbo indefinately, then I would not even consider 190's.

BTW, according to Eric (innovative) my fueling is maxed out. I have dyno sheets of my truck making 496/951, that should improve with the FASS I am putting on next week.

I do not claim to be an expert, but my post is all from MY EXPERIENCE and a little brainstorming with the guys that have worked on my truck and also drive upgraded 6.0.

Hope my two cents are helpful.

Eric also told me that he maxed out my fuel with my 190's. And with my II 62/70 there's still a good haze. So i think there's definitly enough fuel for twins or a larger single.

with my 205's and an elite vgt-ss, i'm still overfueled. And #2 ein't getin any cheaper. I haven't had the figs to throw in a high power tune either. 5 sets of HG's and 4 motor builds :doh::bang: this last 15 months:doh::doh:, i'm babying my sh!tbox now. With one more attempt at a full build :nos: on the motor stand.

Last edited:
with my 205's and an elite vgt-ss, i'm still overfueled. And #2 ein't getin any cheaper. I haven't had the figs to throw in a high power tune either. 5 sets of HG's and 4 motor builds :doh::bang: this last 15 months:doh::doh:, i'm babying my sh!tbox now. With one more attempt at a full build :nos: on the motor stand.

I feel your pain. I just bought an 03 Excursion. It has Elites vgt-ssx and 185's. Theres no lack of fuel with this thing either. The truck runs good, but theres room for more air. Tadd might just build too good of an injector.

Ya, tadd's got good products, i just hate payin for them. I also was thinking about a compound setup elite had until I saw the vid of a supercharged and turbo charged 6.0... awesome vid and they stated he had 255's in.:rockwoot::ft:

Ya, tadd's got good products, i just hate payin for them. I also was thinking about a compound setup elite had until I saw the vid of a supercharged and turbo charged 6.0... awesome vid and they stated he had 255's in.:rockwoot::ft:

I'm curuous to see how that turns out. Haven't heard much about it in a while.

well what size turbo would be good to run with those big of an inj. I had no idea those things were that big. Thanks for the help.

Back