47rh problem

What have you done to troubleshoot? Stock valve body? Does it happen warm/cold/always? Gonna need more info

Might be a dumb question but are you sure it is 3rd and not O.D. Might want to hook up a pressure gauge and see what the pressure is.

I bought it from a member on here. According to him: "It has a billet input, billet lever, anchor and strut. It has a high friction front band, 2 extra clutches in the direct clutch, 1 extra in the forward, 1 extra in the o/d brake. All clutches are alto red eagles. Valve body was professionally done, it has a triple disc sun coast."

So I don't really know about the valve body. Cold/hot doesn't matter. According to my rpms, gear ratio, and tire size calculations it is in 2nd gear. I haven't hooked up OD/LU yet. I have not had a chance to check pressure yet, but it seems fine except no 3rd gear. No noises hesitation or anything.

Double check that the governor pressure is where it belongs... port on passenger side of trans at the back of the main case, should be ~1psi per MPH. Also, have you verified that the shift linkage is adjusted properly?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the atsg manual says the diesel trans. Should gain pressure to an exponent when you hit about 20 mph to avoid a high rpm downshift and engine overspeed

Shift linkage is correct. Tv cable is adjusted correctly. Reverse is good, that's why I can't figure it out.

Bah, the governor pressure usually doesn't go over 100psi, not suppoed to go over 75 really... For quick testing purposes just get an oil pressure gauge from any parts house and check it yourself.

Ok. I got it straightened out with the help of the guys that built it. It was front band adjustment in case anyone else has a similar issue in the future.

Ok. I got it straightened out with the help of the guys that built it. It was front band adjustment in case anyone else has a similar issue in the future.

So then there was a no shift condition, as in no 1-2 shift either and started out in 2nd gear? Still seems strange that the direct clutch would have slipped instead of pushing through a tight band, I usually see the band slip like a bastard when people try to adjust it and get it tight. Or was is so loose that you were stuck in 1st?

Back