Intercooler

I've read threads where it has been done on here, Rona's thread when he had that first gen was probably the most complete. I think it's more work than the outcome is worth.

I've read threads where it has been done on here, Rona's thread when he had that first gen was probably the most complete. I think it's more work than the outcome is worth.

I'll have to look it up. I think it will be way easier to plumb in my case (big>intercooler>small>engine) than big>small>intercooler>engine.

Have you considered a water or methanol injection instead? A little easier to plumb and the same effect essentially.

Not trying to be a smart@ass, but are you sure about that? I always thought a lot of heat was generated between the primary and secondary?

No, the higher pressure, and therefore higher heat would be generated after then secondary...

I've always planned on intercooling between stages on my next twin build, but I've not built another set since about 2010.

Chris

No, the higher pressure, and therefore higher heat would be generated after then secondary...

I've always planned on intercooling between stages on my next twin build, but I've not built another set since about 2010.

Chris

Are you talking about dual intercooling or just between stages?

The reason I asked my prior question is if you just intercool between stages, the secondary gets cooler air that is already compressed. Wouldn't that reduce the total heat input from the secondary?

Are you talking about dual intercooling or just between stages?

The reason I asked my prior question is if you just intercool between stages, the secondary gets cooler air that is already compressed. Wouldn't that reduce the total heat input from the secondary?

Yes, it would...however, the higher heat, and therefore the higher gain from the cooler would be after the secondary.

The large primary making 25-35psi is much more efficient and cooler air than the secondary making the same 25-35psi it "thinks" it's making.

Would a intercooler (actual name for a interstage cooler) make some difference versus having ZERO cooling, absolutely...but if my option is to run a interstage cooler only, or an aftercooler only, I'm going with the aftercooler...

Chris

The greater the temperature differential, the more work a heat exchanger can achieve. If your secondary is adding heat, Ill stand by my statement.

Wide open performance would intercool between stages and not after the secondary (high pressure) turbo on the triple set ups they built. I heard it was so they could run a smaller secondary for spool up why still keeping it in its map. Not sure though.

I've thought about changing the piping on my compound set up to intercool between stages to see if it changes my intake temp. But it seems like a lot of work just to see. Lol

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Wide open performance would intercool between stages and not after the secondary (high pressure) turbo on the triple set ups they built. I heard it was so they could run a smaller secondary for spool up why still keeping it in its map. Not sure though.

I've thought about changing the piping on my compound set up to intercool between stages to see if it changes my intake temp. But it seems like a lot of work just to see. Lol

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

You are 100 percent correct. You can run a smaller secondary if you intercool between stages.

Back