Need some opinions on ECM issue

DISTURBED

YEA WE RIDE THE SHORT BUS
So I bought an 06 with a blown engine. Burnt number 6 piston. Every other cylinder looked perfect. Built a new engine and sold the truck to a guy. Long story short he was in a hurry for me to finish it and wouldn't wait for Bosch injectors so he ran in town and bought a set of BWD injectors from Advance Auto. Put them in and fired it with a miss on number 2 cylinder. Pulled the injector and replaced and all was fine. Guy has the truck about a month and it starts missing. I go and scan it no codes idles and runs fine. I tell him to take it to work the next day but if it does it again shut it off. Well..... It does it again and he drives it 15 miles and melts #4 piston out of the engine. I build a new engine and put it in the truck at basically cost with reman bosch injectors and he drives it for about 2 weeks and the ECM takes a chit. P0606 code which is internal processor fault. So the ECM can't be rebuilt. Now I've never heard of a ECM randomly messing up and then it will be fine. Normally when they die, they die. Is it possible the ECM caused all these issues? Miss or damage was never on the same cylinders. Trying to wrap my head around this

Last edited:
Are you thinking the ECM randomly told the injector to dump fuel on the cylinders that have failed (#6 & #4)? And at different intervals?

Back