pole barn paint color

Looking to put up a building up this year. Hearing mixed thoughts on colors, would a green or charcoal colored roof be way to hot in the summer sunlight? We've always had white roofs at the farm, but never spent much time in a darker colored shop. Would a lighter colored roof such as white be that much better? Building will be going up with very minimal shade trees nearby. Would like to hear thoughts and suggestions.

Personally Id rather put up with a bit more heat in the summer and have the heat absorbing colors to help keep heating costs down in the winter. If you insulate it well the color wont make a bit of difference IMHO.

Personally Id rather put up with a bit more heat in the summer and have the heat absorbing colors to help keep heating costs down in the winter. If you insulate it well the color wont make a bit of difference IMHO.

Ok, That was my thinking. My father and the possible builder are trying to sway my idea.

Are neighbor has forest green sides with a white roof. It gets no hotter that our light grey sided white roofed shop. Insulation plays a big part year round. Alot of people are starting to insulate there garage doors around here to keep there house well insulated from the heat.

Eric

Back