Edge juice and slip %

RollCoal9000

I have a 2006 with a 48re I had built by a shop after I couldn't get it right in 4 tries and ran out of time and willpower.

It has an old school edge juice with attitude (circa 2007). When I set it to display slip percentage and roll into it with torque management off I get 1-3% slip for a short time then back to 0. Usually leave torque management on and can feel it defueling on lockup esp with a trailer.

Is any amount normal, should I be worried about it? It drives fine, I leave torque management on the majority of the time. Dont have time or money to take it back so it's getting driven as is.

Also, its supposed to be an 1800 stall but stalls at about 1950 on 0. Past that somewhere around 2150 where the computer limits it. Is this normal or is the fwd clutch slipping. Again not going to get into the trans just would like to know what's going on.

Also when towing today (15,500 total, 93F) going 70 engine temp was 210 and trans 195. Trans temp goes up as engine temp does. I assume this is normal because of the heat exchanger. I see trans temp rise as engine temp does.

Last edited:
The trans is fine, trans temp rule of thumb is 100 degrees above ambient temp. (93F = 193F) Coolant is cycled through the cooler so if engine coolant temp rises as does the trans temp. Those old Edge monitors are junk, replace with actual gauges and use EFI Live by a reputable tuner for tuning.

If I read slip on gravel with torque management off it and roll into it it reads a lot more slip. So I'm guessing its comparing VSS vs wheel speed. And since my speedometer is acting wonky and abs turns on and off I'm just gonna assume it's all confused and not worry about it.

Back