Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > BD-Power
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 06:50 AM   #21
Charles

Name: Charles
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
A simple valve operated via cable would be nice. Also if targeting a performance market, a larger ID would almost be a necessity.....

You know you don't have to put the thing ahead of the turbo right?

The flow rate post turbo and post intercooling is much, much less and should be the place to put the valve. Then you might stick a cheap blowoff valve between the charger and the cutoff so the charger(s) wouldn't bark or tubing/intercooler wouldn't pop when the valve closed suddenly downstream.

Doing it this way would also prevent an uncontrolled runaway if the engine blew cac piping before you got the valve engaged. In a situation like that, running a cutoff valve pre-turbo would do nothing as the engine would be pulling air through the blown piping downstream of the valve.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:15 AM   #22
Pat@BD

Name: Pat@BD
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
You know you don't have to put the thing ahead of the turbo right?

The flow rate post turbo and post intercooling is much, much less and should be the place to put the valve. Then you might stick a cheap blowoff valve between the charger and the cutoff so the charger(s) wouldn't bark or tubing/intercooler wouldn't pop when the valve closed suddenly downstream.

Doing it this way would also prevent an uncontrolled runaway if the engine blew cac piping before you got the valve engaged. In a situation like that, running a cutoff valve pre-turbo would do nothing as the engine would be pulling air through the blown piping downstream of the valve.
Our PAS mounts just before the intake manifold to prevent any of that from happening. We are working on some pricing for a simple kit that you guys would be able to use. You wont need the fully automatic over rev protection, you just need a way to activate it. This is going to cut the cost becuase we dont need the electronics. We are shooting for the $500 range on it. I will keep you up to date as to when we have it available.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:05 PM   #23
Charles

Name: Charles
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantdrive55 View Post
Our PAS mounts just before the intake manifold to prevent any of that from happening. We are working on some pricing for a simple kit that you guys would be able to use. You wont need the fully automatic over rev protection, you just need a way to activate it. This is going to cut the cost becuase we dont need the electronics. We are shooting for the $500 range on it. I will keep you up to date as to when we have it available.
Better have a blowoff valve, otherwise it would bark the charger so hard it might break the shaft.

Compressor outflow would be expected to go from say 3 to 400ish CFM to zero. Probably just pop the CAC ductwork, but it would still be hellishly hard on the charger.

Although I guess it's for emergency only.

Old 04-18-2010, 11:09 PM   #24
cbtoyz

Name: cbtoyz
Title: Vaginatarian
Member`s Gallery
I would probably be a buyer if you could get it in the 500 dollar range. Just need a shut off, nothing fancy.

Ponci's Diesel Center
(707) 725-3307

Goerend Transmissions Inc.
(563) 778-2719

Hamilton Cams
(512) 778-9418

Dynomite Diesel Products Inc.
(360) 794-5732

Old 04-20-2010, 11:51 PM   #25
BDPowerDave

Name: BDPowerDave
Title: BD-Power Rep.
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtoyz View Post
I would probably be a buyer if you could get it in the 500 dollar range. Just need a shut off, nothing fancy.
Thanks for the feed back, its a different type of product for us, so any feedback is appreciated.

Dave

Old 08-08-2010, 12:54 PM   #26
RyanB

Name: RyanB
Member`s Gallery
first time I saw this post. I can a similar unit back on my old truck made by another company and was also meant for the oil-fields. Mine was electric but I was able to get a manual cable operated unit if I would have wanted. The electic unit was nice because I could run a 2 way rocker switch in the cab where I could either arm the break away trailer switch at the back of the truck or I could activate the valve on my own right from the drivers seat. Im not sure if these units have a back up spring but most sled pulling organizations want to see them spring activated or at least spring over electric. I have mine mounted right at my custom intake manifold and had 2 blow off valves in between the air shut off and the manifold and I was running twins with over 100psi of boost. The blow off valves I ran where actually pressure relieve valves for a water boiler system and I actually got them from PDR I believe at the time...maybe you could include these valves witht he kit so the customer wouldn't have to source them on there own.

Looks like a great product and I like how you can easily still run your air filter with this valve!

RyanB

Closed Thread