!!read Here!! 25 Mpg?????????

'Powerstroke7.3

Hearing Impaired
I just bought this 95 12v. Lets just say that I am new to 12v world. Ok so far it has/ about 18 Deg timing, No fuel plate, intake and exhaust mods, but nothing life changing. So HOW MANY GALLONS IS THE FUEL TANK. Because if its about 35 gal then that means I got 25 MPG in this thing. Is a short cab long bed. I just dont believe that for a second. But if anyone could shed some light on the subject it would be greatly appreciated.

The most I have ever put in my truck was about 31 gallons and that was after driving a while with the fuel light on and filling it up all the way in the filler neck. How many miles did you get out of the tank? I used to get a pretty consistant and safe 600 miles to the tank and it would take about 30-31 gallons to fill back up.

I will tell you this adding 1-2 quarts of 2-stroke outboard oil to a tank helps quite a bit, I always bought the stuff WalMart has for like $8 a gallon. I need to go get some now that I think about it lol.

12V Reg. cab 2x4's have no problem getting 22-25mpg .
Mine will do low 20's to the track, bolt on the slicks & run mid 11's at 115+ mph, all diesel fuel. I have managed to get 32 gallons into mine without useing a tow rope :)

Well I always fill mine to the top of the neck. I do use a quart of 10W40 every time I fill up. I got 225 to a quarter hwy. If Im gettin that on a 30 gal tank then thats 30 MPG. THATS OUTRAGEOUS.

Yeah don't go completely by the gauge, on my truck the first 1/4 tank last a long time and then from 1/4-1/2 it lasts a long time lol. I think the last trip I took I went about 200miles or a little more on the first 1/4 tank. And I have an ext cab lwb with front and back bumpers sittin on 35" tires. With me, my stuff and the full tank it weighs around 7500-7600lbs.

I just bought this 95 12v. Lets just say that I am new to 12v world. Ok so far it has/ about 18 Deg timing, No fuel plate, intake and exhaust mods, but nothing life changing. So HOW MANY GALLONS IS THE FUEL TANK. Because if its about 35 gal then that means I got 25 MPG in this thing. Is a short cab long bed. I just dont believe that for a second. But if anyone could shed some light on the subject it would be greatly appreciated.

I think you should be looking at how many gallons YOU put in the truck when you fill it.
Mileage = miles driven / gallons used.
I don't see tank size anywhere in the equation.
Mileage has nothing to do with the size of the tank.

thats pretty damn good, cause i just went 500 miles to 35 gallons and thats around 100 miles better than what i usually can do. but i have 4.10's 33's and a bad tranny. so im used to crappy gas mileage but i just turned my starwheel back so my truck pretty much doesn't smoke at all when i rev the engine or hop on it from a stop,before it used smoke alot when i would do that. so i think that will change my mpg's quite a bit. and i put 35 gallons in my truck everytime i fill it.

I think you should be looking at how many gallons YOU put in the truck when you fill it.
Mileage = miles driven / gallons used.
I don't see tank size anywhere in the equation.
Mileage has nothing to do with the size of the tank.

Miles driven by gallons in tank. Im not an idiot there guy. I was asking what the tank size is since I just bought the damn truck yesterday and it still had some fuel when I picked it up. As for everyone elses posts about how the guage seems to drop off in some places and pick up in others. Thanks for the advice. Oh and thanks for the math lesson there wideglide.

Well your a powerstroke owner so I thought I'd keep the math simple.. :kick:

[quote='powerstroke7.3]Miles driven by gallons in tank. Im not an idiot there guy.[/quote]
Not calling you an idiot, but the way you ask and keep infering gallons in the tank somehow determines mileage makes you sound iffy... :poke:

Gallons used is not the same as gallons in the tank.

regardless; Mine holds 36+ up the neck, but no mater how full I fill it, I still get around 16-17mpg. 4x4 is a more expensive option everyday.

Yeah you need to fill it up till it makes the pump click off, and stop there then drive it a couple hundred miles, then fill it up till it makes the pump click off and stop that way you are pretty close to the same amount of fuel in the tank. Then read how many gallons you put in then say 10.54 gallons and you went 225 miles, so 225 / 10.54 = 21.34mpg but call it 21mpg but it is possible to get 25mpg, my truck the way it is setup know get 18 to 19 with winter fuel and around 20 to 21 in the summer I have gotten as high as 23 but I was on a long trip and just drove normal and steady speed at 75mph, And I have dropped it down to 15.5 if racing it all over the place.

And yes we have 35 gallon tanks and it is a 5 gallon reserve so when your low fuel light comes on use should have used approximately 30 gallons and it should be close to that when you fill up if the low fuel light is on.

must be nice! I don't hardly ever run the interstate, just country roads and around town, most I can get is maybe ~12, and that's without trying to blow smoke at all.

I usually get 180 miles out of the first quarter tank too.. I have been told my speedo is off about 6 miles if the speedo says 60 im really doing 66... Dont know why though...

you all suck i only get 14 lol
That's your 01 ISB for you.

I had a good '97, and bought a new 98 ISB and was doing good to get 14; Chrysler finally bought it back and I went back to a '96 12V.

My current '96 gets better than 22 MPG at a steady 65 unloaded. I oughta try some DDP3 injectors just for fun :)

Well I always fill mine to the top of the neck. I do use a quart of 10W40 every time I fill up. I got 225 to a quarter hwy. If Im gettin that on a 30 gal tank then thats 30 MPG. THATS OUTRAGEOUS.

Yep thats to be expected out of a 2x4 reg cab, i was getting about 27 out of mine on the highway at around 60mph

Back