Floor storage bins holding water

97rada

Helping my dad with This one. His floor storage containers are full of water randomly and pretty repeated. Heard the third brake lights can cause it. Anyone dealt with this issue? What was done to the brake light to fix it? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had my 11 do this. Some guys will silicon them back on but I never liked that idea. I believe I just bought new weather stripping from the hardware store and re sealed it.

Had my 11 do this. Some guys will silicon them back on but I never liked that idea. I believe I just bought new weather stripping from the hardware store and re sealed it.

Real basic weather stripping? I am not local to my dad but want to be prepared when I go back to fix It. He isn’t mechanically inclined

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you pull your 3rd brake light, you will see the weatherstripping across the top is compressed and worn out. You can silicone seal it. Or replace the weatherstripping. I'd put new bulbs in and silicone the sucker.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Don't clean the old stuff off and go with the silicone. With the old gasket on there, it will still pull right off next time you need to replace a bulb.

Back