Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 09:13 AM   #1
Crossbrand

Name: Crossbrand
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Who dose good UDC tuning for 05 5.9?

I just picked up a 2005 dodge 3500 4x4 G56 tranny it has a 63mm cheetah turbo and a Diablo preditor tuner! I am not satisfied with the tuner at all. The charger doesn't come up good at low Rpms I suspect it's not enuf fueling. I Could be wrong I am no Proffessional. Lol I had been running efi live on my 07 Cummins and would love to efi this one but I can't get it for this truck. I am thinking about going with UDC. I have a fass pump on the way it already has cold air intake and a DD clutch. I will also be adding 125hp nozzles studs and valve springs in a few months. I would like to make around 650 hp. I do a lot of towing and plan on running a few 2.5 sled pulls. Any info is greatly appreciated I don't know anything about the UDC setup so let me know what all I need and were the best people are to get it from. Thanks and God bless

Old 07-15-2016, 09:15 AM   #2
wideopen

Name: wideopen
Title: Slum Lord
Member`s Gallery
Firepunk Dose gud werk

Hellmann Performance ~ Keating Machine ~ Engineered Diesel ~ Mumau Diesel ~ GoGo Diesel ~ Hamilton Cams ~ Diesel Innovations ~ Grand Rock Exhaust ~ Smarty

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Molon labe
#FTCS

Old 07-15-2016, 09:36 AM   #3
TBittner

Name: TBittner
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Gud won

Old 07-15-2016, 10:08 AM   #4
mike diesel

Name: mike diesel
Member`s Gallery
Zach Fuller with StarLite Diesel can get you setup with HP tuners. Better than UDC in my opinion.
75/106 compounds

Old 07-15-2016, 10:11 AM   #5
Crossbrand

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike diesel View Post
Zach Fuller with StarLite Diesel can get you setup with HP tuners. Better than UDC in my opinion.
What's the difference between the two outher than brands?

Old 07-15-2016, 11:17 AM   #6
amaupin04

Name: amaupin04
Title: roxanne04
Member`s Gallery
Lavon @ Firepunk did my UDC and then switched me to HP Tuners and I haven't looked back, HP is where its at!

Old 07-15-2016, 09:51 PM   #7
Crossbrand

Member`s Gallery
Thanks for all the info guys I just talked to Gordon at Innovative Diesel and I am going with the HP tuner. He said it will fuel up 5500 Rpms which I never plan to see.lol it also has a built in data logger! Thanks again and gig bless!

Old 07-16-2016, 07:18 AM   #8
crpower

Name: crpower
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbrand View Post
Thanks for all the info guys I just talked to Gordon at Innovative Diesel and I am going with the HP tuner. He said it will fuel up 5500 Rpms which I never plan to see.lol it also has a built in data logger! Thanks again and gig bless!

You will be set up good, he does my tuning.

Old 07-20-2016, 10:45 AM   #9
Spooled

Name: Spooled
Title: Gear Slammer
Member`s Gallery
HP tuners by Robert @ ProLine aka Altered Diesel Wurks here. I picked up 100HP over UDC. He's having similar results with UDC Pro as well. I wouldn't even consider the standard UDC.

Old 01-02-2017, 01:26 PM   #10
dixon700

Name: dixon700
Title: cummins fanatic
Member`s Gallery
Hmmm, I have a smarty SSR with UDC, which isn't compatible with UDC pro, a touch or mm3 us require for UDC pro, if results are very similar it may be better to spend the extra $50 and get hptuners with firepunk tunes for $899??
04.5qcsb 3/4hd built 47reh kilduff isspro adii motorsportdiesel 100%over 10.6cp3&bypass CPP stainless diesel63 over s475 trac bars mishimoto Hamilton pusher arp smarty touch udc pro by gordon 4"-7"stacks 4.10's 6"lift 37"toyo mts eagle wheels dynatrac top gun customz

Old 01-03-2017, 10:08 AM   #11
ramthiscummins

Name: ramthiscummins
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaupin04 View Post
Lavon @ Firepunk did my UDC and then switched me to HP Tuners and I haven't looked back, HP is where its at!
I did the same thing. Picked up 100 rwhp going from UDC to HP tuners on my stock 2003 with a built transmission.

Old 01-03-2017, 10:44 AM   #12
wideopen

Name: wideopen
Title: Slum Lord
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbrand View Post
Thanks again and gig bless!

Hellmann Performance ~ Keating Machine ~ Engineered Diesel ~ Mumau Diesel ~ GoGo Diesel ~ Hamilton Cams ~ Diesel Innovations ~ Grand Rock Exhaust ~ Smarty

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Molon labe
#FTCS

Old 01-04-2017, 12:02 PM   #13
ramthiscummins

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixon700 View Post
Hmmm, I have a smarty SSR with UDC, which isn't compatible with UDC pro, a touch or mm3 us require for UDC pro, if results are very similar it may be better to spend the extra $50 and get hptuners with firepunk tunes for $899??
Yes I would sell the SSR and get HP tuners. I am not sure how well the data logging is on the UDC Pro. HP tuners data logging is very similar in comparison to that of EFI live data logging.

Old 01-08-2017, 03:33 AM   #14
dixon700

Name: dixon700
Title: cummins fanatic
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramthiscummins View Post
Yes I would sell the SSR and get HP tuners. I am not sure how well the data logging is on the UDC Pro. HP tuners data logging is very similar in comparison to that of EFI live data logging.
Yup, sounds like that'll be the plan. I think I'm gonna get the 3 tune HP tuners package from firepunk.
04.5qcsb 3/4hd built 47reh kilduff isspro adii motorsportdiesel 100%over 10.6cp3&bypass CPP stainless diesel63 over s475 trac bars mishimoto Hamilton pusher arp smarty touch udc pro by gordon 4"-7"stacks 4.10's 6"lift 37"toyo mts eagle wheels dynatrac top gun customz

Old 01-08-2017, 01:08 PM   #15
Marq92

Name: Marq92
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixon700 View Post
Yup, sounds like that'll be the plan. I think I'm gonna get the 3 tune HP tuners package from firepunk.
Good luck getting an email back from them. My dad sent them an email a month ago and haven't heard anything. Too bad, I was interested in seeing what they can do.
2001.0 QCLB 3500 4x4 3.55 Toyo M-55 255/85R16 Brown's/Goerend 48RE sonnax shafts/maxed count Alto clutches Carli/Deaver 3.0 EMF BJ's PSC 6 bolt box Synergy steering TheRetroShop HID projector retrofit VLED's DC Power 180A alternator W-T ground mod ISSPRO EV2's

Old 01-09-2017, 07:03 AM   #16
sootie

Name: sootie
Title: .....like a BAWSS
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marq92 View Post
Good luck getting an email back from them. My dad sent them an email a month ago and haven't heard anything. Too bad, I was interested in seeing what they can do.
pick up the phone and call maybe?!?

Old 01-10-2017, 08:40 PM   #17
ramthiscummins

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marq92 View Post
If you don't want to pick up the phone you could shop online.

Closed Thread