Will This Setup Lope?

I'm thinking more like using a dropper to drop water onto a quarter like you did in school. Once the quarter can hold its maximum the water spills off, not just loosing the last drop you put on the quarter but quite a bit then you have to refill the quarter with your dropper.

Kind of making your injection pump refill the lines to make your injectors spill the fuel like the quarter,

Doubt surface tension is relevant to diesel fuel injection but just an idea. Lol

This is the point that nrose was trying to make, the line is full so volume doesn't matter. If you have a 5 gallon container that's full and dump another gallon in it, a gallon goes on the ground. If you have a full 500 gallon container and dump another gallon in it, a gallon still goes on the ground

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Volume/fill rate must matter it's the only thing changing...

Which would be why the 13mm pump ran smoother than the 12mm pump.

Physics don't change, but practical application over rides text books.

How much latent pressure is still in the line after the injector closes?

This is the point that nrose was trying to make, the line is full so volume doesn't matter. If you have a 5 gallon container that's full and dump another gallon in it, a gallon goes on the ground. If you have a full 500 gallon container and dump another gallon in it, a gallon still goes on the ground

You need to think of pressure supplying the pump along with the IP uses a cam for injection. Weak supply pressure effects this, along with each injection event differs and varies amounts of fuel. If an event occurs with weak supply pressure what happens, A poor pop off and pintle event resulting in a weak fire.

All this is correct, but think of it this way. You have a closed 5 gallon container and you inject 1 more gallon of liquid that create X amount of pressure. Then you a closed 500 gallon container and inject the same 1 gallon of fuel creating Y amount of pressure. The pressure difference between the two are going to be quite different. Also the mention of lines swelling will play effect. The lines that are straighter will swell more than the lines with all the close bends.

Fuel is somewhat compressible. Common rail's depend on it to balance pump pulses to injector flow. So its entirely reasonable to expect with low idle injection quantities that what should be a sharp pressure rise is going to be much more drawn out with the greater volume and even the slightest difference in popping pressures will be greatly exaggerated....off the cuff as I really don't fool with much with the mechanicals.

Joesixpack is correct.

Diesel fuel is compressible, ever so slightly. I'm too lazy to find it right now but it's around 2% decrease in volume by the time a 12v injector pops open. The bigger the line, the more stroke the plunger will have to travel to pressurize the line, and thus the more crank angle needed until firing. This is exacerbated by the fact that the larger lines are apparently thinner and flex more anyway due to lower structural strength as diameter increases.

Volume/fill rate must matter it's the only thing changing...

THIS. By increasing the ID you are delaying the fill time to he injector itself thus essentially retarding the timing. This being said the same amount of fuel is being delivered through the injector to the bowl of the piston just at a later time in the combustion cycle.

Being delivered later, the fuel burns faster because the combustion temps are higher. The faster burning causes your lope. At least that is how my logic puts it.

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

You may have some slight loping but it may not be very much. Those are not much bigger than stock.

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

Back