Roller Bearings in Stock 24V rocker arms

biggy238

So Googling. Found a good thread but it derailed. Anyone done this, know the parts dimensions? What about daily driver longevity?

6 intake and one exhaust rocker are Galled. If I replace with new stock, does anyone have pics of lube mods?
It looks like the engine will be getting a preluber....

Something smart goes here

I could believe that. I have a manual oil pressure gauge, and when cold, sometimes it takes upwards of 20 - 30 seconds to register any oil pressure at all.

I designed a pre/post oiling system using a Turbo Exapump and some electronics that provides full oil pressure before startup. The pre-oil time and post oil time is adjustable via potentiameters from 1 - 60 seconds on startup, and 30 - 180 seconds on shutdown.

I was going to market the kits, but I used the best of the best quality for everything, and it's alot more than most would pay. I think parts alone were nearly $700.

--Eric

Nafzinger why you steal my thoughts??? Yeah so maybe I stole yours..

I would just put a bronze sleeve in them. You could even change the ratio a little doing it.

Who is doing this now? You were in on most of the threads. Any idea on longevity?

Something smart goes here

I am not sure who is doing it. I would suspect that with the right material longevity shouldn't be much of an issue. I would have a second set done up, as I would guess a large portion of the $$ would be setup.

What about what Manta pushrods is doing? I think they are heat treating, and doing some oil mods to the rocker and shaft.

Back