6.4l ford in a tug of war with a little of everything

:hehe:Tell that to Ford mechanic was in a shop last week had 4 of the new 6.4 inside and 2 sitting outside all blown up needing new motors, none had chips. Thats what i would call job security not a superior platform:kick:

You think that they would actually have designed something brand new and not had any bugs in it? You have to remember that this the first year for this motor and they still have bugs to get worked out. But that really doesnt have anything to do with this thread. So why dont you all just suck it up and actually admit that a FORD took the comp for the first time. :poke:
And as for the 12 valve that drug it around, ok one truck pulled him out of how many others that failed? :poke:

Comon man thats small time. Someone around here has to have a pic of a dodge pulling a real load.

will this do. my f-350 pulled the same load and it gave me a headache bouncing down the road dodge pulled it just fine

DSCF1925.jpg

If it were a Dodge dealer, the Dodge would of won. If it were a GM dealer, the GM would of won. Just that simple. In this case it just so happens to be a Ford dealer, so the Ford wins. This dosent prove anything to me.

Tug of wars on asphalt are not wise, something is going to break. The truck with the best traction will win...power is not an issue.

The point was the Ford's are the heaviest and carry the best hauling and towing capacities. Their superior build adds towing stability (and correspondingly safety) above the off brands. Sure all brands are able to tow/haul, but the Ford's are today's King of Trucks hands down.

Yes, gentlemen, size matters!

The point was the Ford's are the heaviest and carry the best hauling and towing capacities. Their superior build adds towing stability (and correspondingly safety) above the off brands. Sure all brands are able to tow/haul, but the Ford's are today's King of Trucks hands down.

:hehe: Sorry but that is funny, I don't care who you are.

Tug of wars on asphalt are not wise, something is going to break. The truck with the best traction will win...power is not an issue.

Guess it all depends on how much you like to pedal:hehe:

Umm...graders don't weigh that much lol. And look that the ass end of your truck, it's almost on the ground...:eek:wned::thankyou2:

There is signature a member of another forum uses; it sums up the point here quick nicely. To quote him: "There is no gm or dodge truck rated to haul what I do everyday."

Now that's classic! :hehe: :kick:

Alright, I was forced to find this picture of Chris's(Signature600). That truck has Im thinking over 300k miles on it, and its only job is hauling equipment. A Ford would have layed over a long time ago with these kinds of loads...

Attachments

• 100_3034.jpg
    100_3034.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 28
Umm...graders don't weigh that much lol. And look that the ass end of your truck, it's almost on the ground...:eek:wned::thankyou2:

Thanks for the picture. Now i realize how heavy duty those thing ARENT. All the weight is on the back of the trailer and it is still squatting like crazy:bang

Oh, no, you're right...road graders don't weigh that much. Only 31,000 lbs! Some newer models are approaching 50,000 lbs. LOL! That doesn't even include the weight of the trailer.

There is no dodge or gm rated to haul the kind of weight a ford can. The off brands have no business even hooking up to it!! *bdh* Look at your manufacturer's specifications, in particularly, the GVWR. That's your limit. The fords have the highest rated capacities for today's trucks. They are the top sellers for a reason. Oh, and we have Toby Keith advertising for us too. :hehe:

Oh, no, you're right...road graders don't weigh that much. Only 31,000 lbs! Some newer models are approaching 50,000 lbs. LOL! That doesn't even include the weight of the trailer.

There is no dodge or gm rated to haul the kind of weight a ford can. The off brands have no business even hooking up to it!! *bdh* Look at your manufacturer's specifications, in particularly, the GVWR. That's your limit. The fords have the highest rated capacities for today's trucks. They are the top sellers for a reason. Oh, and we have Toby Keith advertising for us too. :hehe:

Well said, I have a few Dodge dually buddies that think their trucks are "built for pulling, I think they were built to be loud and uncomfortable. I used to put them to shame every time we pulled through the hills when I had the F-350.
You should have seen the big 1 ton dodge squatting with a couple 4K pound cars, much less than your 30K pound grader and heavy gauge trailor. :hehe:

Just so it's clear, that's not MY personal truck/trailer with the grader. A gentleman named Smith drives it. I showed it for an example of extreme towing.

I used to argue about Dodge, Chevy, Ford like you guys when I was in high school....

This isn't an argument, just some education about the facts such as capacities, ratings, towing stability, build quality, safety, etc. Just trying to help some folks out. :Cheer:

Back