P-Pump a 6.7

12valve

Diesel Boy
Hello, its not the first time that we've done a ppump on a 24 valve,
but this time customer is wanting a ppump going on a 6.7.

Are there bigger perfromance injectors for this application? a company that works with this?
And how do i go about the front gear cover, looks like the one for a 24valve( vp44) wont work.

Buy a metric transfer punch set, put the 12 valve case on block, transfer holes, drill and tap. Or spend huge money on a billet cover.

Buy a metric transfer punch set, put the 12 valve case on block, transfer holes, drill and tap. Or spend huge money on a billet cover.
Even a monkey with a welder and a drill can do this.
You'll also need METRIC drill bits and taps, to do it "correct".

The trickiest part is changing the crank gear and fabbing an insert for the front of the pan.

Here's a few pics in a Photobucket account I forgot I still had of this, showing some points.

[ame="http://s915.photobucket.com/user/Nixon340/library/commechanical%20conversion?sort=3&page=1"]Commechanical Conversion by Mark Nixon | Photobucket[/ame]

Mark.

Last edited:
Even a monkey with a welder and a drill can do this.
You'll also need METRIC drill bits and taps, to do it "correct".

The trickiest part is changing the crank gear and fabbing an insert for the front of the pan.

Here's a few pics in a Photobucket account I forgot I still had of this, showing some points.

Commechanical Conversion by Mark Nixon | Photobucket

Mark.

Thanks buddy. I have this job coming up pretty quick. It's going to be a nice F550:woohoo:

Use the OEM VP spray angle.
The 6.7 bowl is actually larger in circumference than a VP, so it still hits the bowl.

The 1 engine I had was put together with a VP cylinder head, so a VE or a P-7100 will clear the head without cutting off the shelf.

Mark.

Last edited:
I've never done a 24v ppump swap, but if you're modifying the timing case, could you just rotate the ppump mounting holes and rotate it out of the way of the 6.7 head shelf?

I know this name is a sore subject for some, But Monster Mike was cutting the bottom off a p pump housing, putting it in a jig, and welding a new bottom piece on that he makes. The dowel pins, bolts, and oil pan then fit perfectly.

Any place you recommend in special to get the vp injectors?
Just have to modify pop off pressure then?
Or is there more to it?

Any place you recommend in special to get the vp injectors?
Just have to modify pop off pressure then?
Or is there more to it?

I like the sets I have run from Infinite. Lots of options for vp injectors and just as many opinions on what pop pressure to run. I have run vp pop pressure with a ppump....it works just fine.

As someone that has had this done, I can honestly say it is a waste. P-pump 24V = good idea, p-pump 6.7 not so much.
RonA

I would like to build one for the same reason I believe Ron did, spool the chargers better/less smoke at same power. Wasn't worth the hassle?

As someone that has had this done, I can honestly say it is a waste. P-pump 24V = good idea, p-pump 6.7 not so much.
RonA

I agree with Ron, I put one together and it would be money better spent, in a good Ppump, good injectors, good turbo, good cam and good head.

This stands to reason, a 6.7 isn't a high RPM engine and a P-7100 shines at high RPMs.

Mark.
I would like to hear your reasoning as to why a 6.7 isn't a high rpm engine? We turn them harder than 5.9s. Also a properly tuned p-pumped will drive with good street manners, piss poor tuning and setups give p-pumps a bad name for street driving.

Back