07 550 turbo problems

bulldog77

player.swf

This happened a day after we got it. Changed out with another turbo and still does it but not all the time. Any suggestions?

Sent from the recliner butt naked

Lets try this again but not from phone.

[ame]http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy325/bulldog77/2013-03-06_08-05-09_126_zpse0a3b842.mp4[/ame]

Low power? Check for boost leaks. We also pull the exhaust housing off and remove the vanes and sandblast the housing and center section apply lots of anti-seize and reinstall. Also check the plug that goes into the VGT controller on top of the turbo they become brittle due to heat exposure so be careful not to break it if it isn't already broken. If it is broken a 7.3 injector plug can be spliced in to replace the original plug and I personally like that style of connector better. Hope this helps

Has plenty of power still. I switched out turbos with a cleaned one with lots of anti seize. It doesn't do it as much now but still does it. I put new boots on it, the plastic cac didn't have any cracks.

So it's not lacking power, why are you trouble shooting a turbo?.... check the boost line that goes from the intake manifold to the gauge.

Back