Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Competition Events and Get-Togethers > NHRDA
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

NHRDA Get info on NHRDA events and results here

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 11:02 AM   #21
JD Dearden

Name: JD Dearden
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tone12V View Post
Subman, sometimes I wish you would just start an organization. Cause you make it sound so easy to be successful at it.
DAARP

Old 09-24-2014, 11:38 AM   #22
Subman631

Name: Subman631
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Subman, sometimes I wish you would just start an organization. Cause you make it sound so easy to be successful at it.
No Tony why don't you, I'm too old and too set in my ways.

Old 09-24-2014, 11:51 AM   #23
Runninlean

Name: Runninlean
Title: Say When racing
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
From the guy who thought it would be so easy to run 9's in SS out of the box...

Old 09-24-2014, 12:14 PM   #24
TravisG

Name: TravisG
Title: #THEREALLAVONMILLER
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RATTLE N HUM View Post
So your saying the NHRA doesn't work?

It is what it is I guess its not real cheap for anyone but the gassers do it and it works so we must be doing something wrong lol
The NHRA does work. After 5 decades of trial and error. Starting with one race in Pomona and growing into the monster that it is today with regional, national and final events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subman631 View Post
First of all not many of the gas guys travel very far either, there are a lot more events the vast majority of them stay in thier region unless they make the regional finals etc. The racers you never see on the NHRA TV shows are for the most part regional to that track and then the big money guys who have sponors chasing national points. The Top Fuel Nitro guys are a different thing altogether.
^^^^^Dear sweet baby Jesus we actually agree for once.

Old 09-24-2014, 01:59 PM   #25
2Tone12V

Name: 2Tone12V
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
No Tony why don't you, I'm too old and too set in my ways.
no way jose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninlean View Post
From the guy who thought it would be so easy to run 9's in SS out of the box...

NEVER thought it would be easy! I've got two more events to make it happen. Been 10.0 plenty. Just can't break down that barrier. It's gonna happen though damn it!

Old 09-24-2014, 04:16 PM   #26
Subman631

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisG View Post
^^^^^Dear sweet baby Jesus we actually agree for once.
That can't be Travis, either I'm getting soft or you're getting smart, and you are not old enough to be smart.

Last edited by Subman631; 09-24-2014 at 04:18 PM.

Old 09-24-2014, 06:24 PM   #27
RATTLE N HUM

Name: RATTLE N HUM
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
First of all not many of the gas guys travel very far either, there are a lot more events the vast majority of them stay in thier region unless they make the regional finals etc. The racers you never see on the NHRA TV shows are for the most part regional to that track and then the big money guys who have sponors chasing national points. The Top Fuel Nitro guys are a different thing altogether. John Force's shop budget alone is over 20 million a year.

NHRDA is scattered from hell to breakfast. Unless you are a self sponsored big company like Bully Dog, H&S and a few others trying to make most events that were from BC to Florida was next to impossible cost wise. I know, I did it for a couple of years. I think a better idea would be split the country at the Mississippi River and then have a world final in Texas or St Louis or some other place close to the middle of the country, and don't have it so damn late that there is a potential for bad weather either at the track or traveling. Anything past the first week of Oct is iffy out west and Canada.
Yes NHRDA is scattered sooooooooooooo that the guys can get to a couple races without traveling all over hells acre and thennnnnnnnnnn go to the world finals....you don't have to go to alllllllllllllllllll of them even just one and thennnnnnnnnnnnnn get to the finals.....this makes sense Ken I was trying to type slow for ya lol....jus buggin young fella.

The thing is most guys don't go cause for one it isn't cheap to travel and that is understandable, or two they don't like the organization....the first one I understand totally, the second one well not sure what to say there because there are two organiztions NHRDA and NADM and from what I see no one really likes either organization....so when both are gone because they give up trying then there will just be the few outlaw races left....so what do we do??

8.52 @ 166mph 5850lbs

Old 09-24-2014, 06:59 PM   #28
RascalMafia

Name: RascalMafia
Title: heyyyyyyy girrrrrrrl
Member`s Gallery
Outlaw races pay and draw crowds, NHRDA/NADM don't pay the money outlaw races do. No one races to get rich, that's understood. However a $50 payout is like tipping your waitress $0.21 on a $60 tab.

And that is my $0.02.
'01 F350 7.3 / ZF6

Old 09-24-2014, 07:33 PM   #29
RATTLE N HUM

Name: RATTLE N HUM
Member`s Gallery
I never say much on any forum but thought I would give it a whirl this time to get everyone to come out and well this race is a little more then $50 thought it was $3200....was worth a shot anyways to get guys to come so the same 3 or 4 guys on the east coast and 3 or 4 guys on the west coast aren't always just racing one another get all the 9.0 trucks together and have some fun...so we will go and whoever shows shows.

8.52 @ 166mph 5850lbs

Last edited by RATTLE N HUM; 09-24-2014 at 07:34 PM.

Old 09-25-2014, 12:27 AM   #30
Runninlean

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RascalMafia View Post
Outlaw races pay and draw crowds, NHRDA/NADM don't pay the money outlaw races do. No one races to get rich, that's understood. However a $50 payout is like tipping your waitress $0.21 on a $60 tab.

And that is my $0.02.
Easy to do when you only put on one or maybe two events a year in your home town...

However I think the payout statement is a bit misleading.
Click the image to open in full size.

Old 09-25-2014, 09:03 AM   #31
2Tone12V

Member`s Gallery
Guaranteed money in sled pulling and not in drag racing. Much bigger payouts too. I think if drag racing was like that. More would show.

Drag racing
1st- $650
2nd- $325
3rd- $50.....
4th- $50..... And that is if they bring at least 10 truck

Sled Pulling
1st- $650
2nd- $500
3rd- $350
4th- $250
5th- $200
6th- $150
7th- $100
8th- $50 And that's guaranteed money.

The organization is based off of drag racing and we can't get the drag racers to the event. But sled pulling money is locked in and drag racing money isn't... Something to look at.
I will be there and support the events as much as possible. But I want to see it grow as well. Combine super street and pro street and put up guaranteed money and folks will show. Nearly every mixed pro street and super street field this year a super street truck has been in the mix to win it or did win it.

EDIT: The money is good/better for world finals. BUT everyone already had their mind made up they weren't going. Most that I know and chat about this with won't be attending unless the money is better year. They can race locally if they want and hitting 4-6 outlaw events a year makes them plenty happy to compete with the diesel bunch. You have to make it worth their time to come. Simple as that.

Last edited by 2Tone12V; 09-25-2014 at 09:09 AM.

Old 09-25-2014, 11:06 AM   #32
Subman631

Member`s Gallery
I will never understand why you would pay pullers though 8th place. I guess it is tradition? How quickly the it turns, it was only a year or so ago everyone was backing NHRDA for being straight shooters and bashing NADM. There have been some pretty serious payouts offered at some of the events, the SS blow out at Woodburn a couple years back comes to mind. Hardly anyone showed. This whole thing is starting to sound like the Karen Quinlan case. For you young young bucks that are too young to remember that, google is your friend.

Old 09-25-2014, 11:18 AM   #33
Stingpuller

Name: Stingpuller
Member`s Gallery
Payout

I agree that the payout would help if it was paid down more places. Its hard for a guy to spend a lot of money with little chance to win anything. I also think the world finals should have bigger trophies. They mean nothing to some but to others it means more than money.
2007 GMC C4500 Regency Western Hauler and 235" POWERFLOW Dragster, Powerflow exhaust, 80mm Fleece turbo, Fleece injectors, On Track Auto front mount CP3, SoCal Diesel, Hughes powerglide, PTC converter, Nytrex nitrous,Isspro,FueLabs, Mike's Race Wiring, New Era Diesel, Hamilton Cam and all the guys at the shop

Old 09-25-2014, 11:51 AM   #34
TravisG

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
I will never understand why you would pay pullers though 8th place. I guess it is tradition? How quickly the it turns, it was only a year or so ago everyone was backing NHRDA for being straight shooters and bashing NADM. There have been some pretty serious payouts offered at some of the events, the SS blow out at Woodburn a couple years back comes to mind. Hardly anyone showed. This whole thing is starting to sound like the Karen Quinlan case. For you young young bucks that are too young to remember that, google is your friend.
Holy **** I am old. I know who Karen Quinlan is. She liked the diazepam. I don't think anybody is saying that Randy doesn't pay Ken. I think the issue is that there is a race a little closer to home for some people that pays better and that is why some people are going to that race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingpuller View Post
I agree that the payout would help if it was paid down more places. Its hard for a guy to spend a lot of money with little chance to win anything. I also think the world finals should have bigger trophies. They mean nothing to some but to others it means more than money.
I got your trophy right here!!!!

Old 09-25-2014, 03:39 PM   #35
2Tone12V

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisG View Post

I got your trophy right here!!!!
OH SNAP!!

Well good job you big cry babies. F'ing tech card was $150 for super street at worlds. Hope all you fast trucks are happy! Us slow guys were ok with a $10 entry fee!

Old 09-25-2014, 06:11 PM   #36
Stingpuller

Name: Stingpuller
Member`s Gallery
Travis

Do you need two hands to pick it up? I really want a BIG trophy. lmao Anthony top is double that! 2200 miles of fuel, rooms for the guys and food. It's not a cheap trip. I just want to bust some a$$! I just filled the tank with some whoop a$$ and 8 new come and get somes.
2007 GMC C4500 Regency Western Hauler and 235" POWERFLOW Dragster, Powerflow exhaust, 80mm Fleece turbo, Fleece injectors, On Track Auto front mount CP3, SoCal Diesel, Hughes powerglide, PTC converter, Nytrex nitrous,Isspro,FueLabs, Mike's Race Wiring, New Era Diesel, Hamilton Cam and all the guys at the shop

Old 09-26-2014, 12:02 PM   #37
2Tone12V

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Do you need two hands to pick it up? I really want a BIG trophy. lmao Anthony top is double that! 2200 miles of fuel, rooms for the guys and food. It's not a cheap trip. I just want to bust some a$$! I just filled the tank with some whoop a$$ and 8 new come and get somes.
Same here. I just want to go fast. 9's and 140 were my goals for this year. 10.0 and 139 is all I've done. What a tease. Come on 9!!

Old 09-29-2014, 09:40 AM   #38
TravisG

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
If you win, I'll buy you a big 'ol trophy. I'll have our Gene Simmons buddy make it out of wood!

Old 10-06-2014, 10:53 AM   #39
diesel_importer

Name: diesel_importer
Member`s Gallery
Congrats to Armor Inc. I only saw one run, 8.9X on a single stage. Did anyone follow through with the side pot?

Old 10-06-2014, 12:52 PM   #40
Runninlean

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
OH SNAP!!
Quoted for irony....

Closed Thread