Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Diesel Performance Converters
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 05:42 PM   #1
wrongway

Name: wrongway
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
DPC Converters

As many of you are aware of the current situation between Jeff and Phil I feel the need to put my in. I have been real good friends and have raced with both of these guys. What was once a close tightknit clan of us has now been seperated because of some issues that will not be discussed here by me. In Phils defense, I have a few Garmon trannies along with Darrens trannys that I have sold in my area that are all running billet flexplates, and DPC converters. They all are performing just as they should with no problems to date. I did however have an extremely difficult customer to deal with on a leak. Long story short, it was a pinhole leak right where the weld stopped on Phils converter. Phil promptly handed me another converter on the spot. And it was installed back in the customers truck with a Garmon transmission in it. I know for a fact that I do not sell as many trannys as some other dealers do, but I am extremley happy with the way Phils converters are working. I do not want to start a war with anyone, nor will I point finger's. I am stating facts as I know them and see them. Before anyone passes judgement on Phil Taylor as a person or a competent converter builder take the time to talk to him first. I do not think that you will be disappointed. Phil Taylor is, and always will be my friend regardless. Gary

Old 08-18-2011, 06:19 PM   #2
Valair1

Name: Valair1
Title: Valair Inc. Clutch
Member`s Gallery
Honestly as long as it isn't customers complaining it's all good. I've only seen the competiton and a some groupies posting, I do know how that works ,lol it really isn't good for any of their businesses, but just my opinion.

I try to get along with everybody.

Valair Performance Series Clutches

Old 08-18-2011, 06:56 PM   #3
quarterman

Name: quarterman
Title: Georgia diesel mafia
Member`s Gallery
I have used dpc converters for over two years in my tranny builds most with billet flex plates I have bought over a hundred and and I have no failures I have had a few input shafts break and a few stallbchanges and Phil did them at no charge Phil is a good man and wonderful to business with. He will and has always honored his warranty for his customers and shop owners. He has a superb product and superb customer service and answers the phone and returns calls. These claims being made by the competition have never been in my shop not one failure of tranny or converter. My customers can and will speak for me

Old 08-18-2011, 07:12 PM   #4
HOLLYWOOD

Name: HOLLYWOOD
Title: HOLLYWOOD
Member`s Gallery
As a customer of Pro Street Diesel, I personally have had 3 DPC torque converters and also have one more on the way. Never in the past have I had any problems. I once needed Phil to loosen one for me I sent it to Phil, and in a short period of time had it back and was very pleases. Diesel Performance Converter is a stand up company and would recommended it as a choice for a torque converte for any diesel truck.

Old 08-18-2011, 07:15 PM   #5
Timinva

Name: Timinva
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
I also have been building my transmissions for over two years using DPC converters. Between 100-125 converters in all. I have never had any overheating or clearance issues. There have been one or two small problems we had that Phil took care of no questions asked. He always answered the phone right away and if I thought it was a converter problem he sent another before I had even removed it. I dont know what else he could do to be a better vendor. Tim Barber

Old 08-18-2011, 07:20 PM   #6
BIGRPOWR

Name: BIGRPOWR
Title: SBTTFMF
Member`s Gallery
im wondering why this is being brought out. both good dudes, its just how the game goes. i love all you southern hilbillies equal.
CONTACT US FOR ANYTHING DIESEL RELATED FROM INTAKES TO EXHAUST AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN
800-581-8986

Old 08-18-2011, 07:23 PM   #7
SINNER

Name: SINNER
Title: BallSoHard U
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timinva View Post
I also have been building my transmissions for over two years using DPC converters. Between 100-125 converters in all. I have never had any overheating or clearance issues. There have been one or two small problems we had that Phil took care of no questions asked. He always answered the phone right away and if I thought it was a converter problem he sent another before I had even removed it. I dont know what else he could do to be a better vendor. Tim Barber
Damn, first post in 3 years. I have been hearing good things about your tranny's lately. A good friend of mine named Matt has been harassing you since I found him that 12 valve. That trans in his truck is certainly a nice shifting unit.

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...

Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Old 08-18-2011, 07:23 PM   #8
triton

Name: triton
Title: Scarlet Fever
Member`s Gallery
DPC here with a billet plate and never an issue. Phil is a great guy with a great product. Hopefully all this dust will settle soon !

Old 08-18-2011, 07:24 PM   #9
FarmSmoker

Name: FarmSmoker
Title: Georgia Diesel Mafia
Member`s Gallery
I have been a customer of Pro Street Diesel for almost as many years as Darren has been in business. We have had six different trucks with transmissions built by Darren and not one them has had trouble. Phil's Converters have worked perfect for us. Our trucks are used on a two thousand acre farm. They get worked hard everyday. I like the converters and will get another from darren as soon as the need arises.

1995 Dodge 2500 12v CTD Darren Morrison built engine and Haisley Street puller clutch, nv4500 big shaft, trac bars, weight bracket, and super sled hitch by JB fabrications sled puller (Farmsmoker)

Old 08-18-2011, 07:24 PM   #10
JBFarmsCummins

Name: JBFarmsCummins
Member`s Gallery
Phil is a great person that makes a great product and backs it up with awesome customer service. Knowing this, anybody that makes a libelous or slanderous claim will ultimately be humiliated in the end. As another customer of Pro Street Diesel and a friend of Darren and Phil I will always get my converters from DPC.

1997 Dodge 3500 4x4. Worktruck

Old 08-18-2011, 07:27 PM   #11
silvercummins14

Name: silvercummins14
Member`s Gallery
I for one can not say enough about DPC converters. Over the past four or five years ive had more than a few trucks. Ranging from 700 plus hp 12v all the way to common rail and dmax. When i had my 12v Phil had not yet started building converters, i was running another converter built by a well known company that i will not mention there name, when phil started building his converters Darren Morrison suggested i try one, and im here to tell you ive never had a converter that has performed the way his has. He has always helped me out on stalls, whether it be a tight towing converter or a loose converter designed for the drag strip. I even once had a input break and mess up the stator in the converter, called phil up, he told me to stick in the mail and within a few days had it back with NO CHARGE! Again DPC in my opinion makes the best conveter on the market and also has the best customer service, which means alot to me. Thanks again Phil! Top Notch

Last edited by silvercummins14; 08-18-2011 at 07:29 PM.

Old 08-18-2011, 07:53 PM   #12
kleann

Name: kleann
Title: VP44 pwr
Member`s Gallery
Who to believe, who to believe............

Old 08-18-2011, 07:59 PM   #13
quarterman

Member`s Gallery
The customer of course

Old 08-18-2011, 08:01 PM   #14
syrupdawg

Name: syrupdawg
Title: GA Diesel Mafia
Member`s Gallery
I also want point out that Phil and DPC have been out supporting our sport this year by attending several events and has been pretty damn successful if i must say so myself. He has made several 9 sec passes this year and it was all on a SINGLE converter that was NEVER even pulled to check the condition of it. I think thats a testament to his converters there.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:03 PM   #15
SPEAKSUP

Name: SPEAKSUP
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Plenty of truck's built by Firepunk running DPC with no issue

Old 08-18-2011, 08:11 PM   #16
Slowpoke

Name: Slowpoke
Title: Properly Valved
Member`s Gallery
Thank you guys for your support. I will always stand behind my product with warranty. It's hard to fix a problem when they never come back to my shop. As to the measurements shown in the photos, the first converter is of a stock Dodge converter. The converter it was compared to is a proto type that we were working on to accomodate the over sized input shaft. A new turbine hub had to be manufactured and thats where the problem lies. Had we been able to finish the project the issue would have been found and corrected. Look at the stator support in question. The inside is shiny from being bored to accept the over sized shaft. That was an experimental product and is in no way the same as the product we sell daily. Just felt the facts should be put out there on the photos. We had similar problems with racing converters and they were fixed. We applied the same fix to that converter and it wasnt enough. I will say again i have not had this problem with any other shop.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:43 PM   #17
BIGRPOWR

Member`s Gallery
i thik hell has frozen over.

darren- the quote button is on the bottom right.
CONTACT US FOR ANYTHING DIESEL RELATED FROM INTAKES TO EXHAUST AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN
800-581-8986

Old 08-18-2011, 08:49 PM   #18
quarterman

Member`s Gallery
Haha idiot

Old 08-18-2011, 09:04 PM   #19
BIGRPOWR

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by quarterman View Post
Haha idiot
dont matter, i still love you.
800-581-8986

Old 08-18-2011, 09:08 PM   #20
quarterman

Member`s Gallery
Thank u means alot coming from u feeling is mutual

Closed Thread