changed cp3 now have engine tick or knock.

baney8184

like the title says change my CP 3 now my truck ticks or knocks passenger side middle of the engine don't know why. I changed back the old CP 3 the original still ticks. sent the one cp3 out that I had bought had it tested came back nothing wrong with it ended up sending them my original one as the core so now I have a new one that still makes my engine tick.
the truck is a 2005 ram 2500
I've heard of people read indexing the cp3 I have not tried that but before I get that far I need to change my crank shaft gear when I dropped my lock washer in to the gear case it went through the gears and broke two teeth off.

Looking for suggestions on why it is ticking...

Last edited:
ASh%t talk about bad luck! There is no indexing the CP3 you more than likely have a bad injector and the new pump is giving it more fuel than the old one did. Send out your injectors when you take the gear off which will be a hell of a hard job Die grinder cut a slot in it hit it with a hammer! POP!! Heat the new one and pray you get it on right the first time "All the way" Besides the crank what other gear got eaten? CAm
Oil Pump??.......

I put brand new bosch 50hp injectors and cross over tubes in my truck also at the same time I changed the CP 3.
and i have a brand new common rail with the pressure sensor and pressure relief valve in it.
all the other gears look fine.
i also checked and it did not jump time

Last edited:
Back