victor reinz gaskets...

Red_Rattler

High Tech Redneck
So long story short when I put the puller back together I used a upper gasket set with a factory thickness head gasket with arp studs and a fully worked over head with orings from Joker Fab. Well 1 pull and about 50 miles on it is leaking again. Granted its def not compresson blowing the coolant out its just leaking coolant. But it's also leaking in about and around the same area as the first time. Head was fully machined as I said I checked the block with a machinist straight edge and it was fine. So I'm hoping these are just junk or inferior gaskets for high performance applications...? Anyone had bad luck using them or are there deeper issues I should be looking at?

I also have a coolant bypass on the truck BUT didn't have it on right away for beat tests and the first pull... Never saw more than 4500 rpm without it though

Last edited:
Certain kits people have had luck with. There's a video on you tube that shows the gaskets in kits are different. Firering widths are different. You can use other gaskets from the kit but I wouldn't ever use the head gasket.

When using a victor gasket use about .002 less wire protrusion than what you would do with a cummins gasket.

No way I'd run victor rienz gaskets after the luck I had with injector o rings on my truck 1000 miles and the Hpop had literally melted the o rings on the oil side.

Sent from my x2 somewhere

No way I'd run victor rienz gaskets after the luck I had with injector o rings on my truck 1000 miles and the Hpop had literally melted the o rings on the oil side.

Sent from my x2 somewhere

This is a cummins thread, nothing powerstroke related. I've used thousands of dollars worth of Victor products over the last few years and the black onyx 6.0 mls head gaskets are the only part with known issues. Their other kit components are as good or better quality as OEM.

I'm still waiting reply on my previous question. MLS does not work with o-rings.

Last edited:
This is a cummins thread, nothing powerstroke related. I've used thousands of dollars worth of Victor products over the last few years and the black onyx 6.0 mls head gaskets are the only part with known issues. Their other kit components are as good or better quality as OEM.

I'm still waiting reply on my previous question. MLS does not work with o-rings.

He says puller, and has a 12v listed in his sig, so I'm willing to bet standard. Fwiw, I've heard of people using o-rings with success with mls gaskets when set up right.

As far as the head gasket goes, genuine Cummins, every time.....

Standard... I plan on doing a genuine Cummins gasket first if something hasnt obviously hasnt gone a-rye when i pull the head and see what happens before I tear the motor out of the truck.

Same here, I've installed thousands of dollars worth of Victor products without any problems. Even in trucks with compound chargers sans O-Rings...

Back