Front freeze plug

WUnderwood

Anyone make a billet front freeze plug for the one on the front of the head, behind the fan bracket/pulley?

I popped mine tonight at the track, making only around 40 psi of boost. I have Opie's bypass and all the freeze plugs on the passenger side of the motor are billet.

Thanks

Thanks for the link, Jim, but I don't think it will fit my application. I am still running the fan bracket. Here is what it reads:
DODGE CUMMINS
1989-2002
You cannot use the front freeze plug if you are using factory fan center and belt
For performance use only.

I will call them on Monday to double check.

Edit:
I also have the block off plate on the back of the head.

I remember Justin Williams pushing this one out, but not leaking, a few years ago, when he was sled pulling.

Last edited:
Get with Got-Torque on here, superior quality compared to Haisly's overpriced pieces.
fyi

Sent from my F'n space phone

I think just put a washer or 2 in it to hold it in there, letting it push against it.

What zstroken said. I cut a piece of round bar stock and machined it down to be a snug fit inside the plug.

Sorry that was a quick reaction. I'd put another one in there and do the washer trick, I've even done JB weld around them but it starts to crumble are years of heat cycles.

Jim

My concern now is why/where/how I am making all this pressure in the coolant?

My water pump is stock, and I wasn't running a lot of RPM.

I want to remedy the situation, and not go down this road again.

12.3@ 113

Exactly the same as it did with smaller turbos/injectors years ago.

Need to figure out why it was only making 40 lbs of boost.

Well at least you got in the 12's, I ran 113 in my cclb on 35's. I think my fastest time for the day was 13.24 if I remember right. Damn thing wouldn't spool on the line, took off in second gear when I locked the converter but was a dog coming out of the hole through 1st. Wasn't happy to say the least.

Back to the scheduled program.

Lots left in the 60'. Yes you do need to look into the boost issue, I want to see that thing run! I need to have someone to aim for out here once mines back together. Already made the first big purchase, now to find money for the pistons :D

pic of freeze plug:
IMG_2670.jpg

I need to have someone to aim for out here once mines back together.
C'mon with it!

Back