Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance > P-Pump 24Valve
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 09:31 AM   #1
rightwinger

Name: rightwinger
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Issues with throttle going up after engine is warm...

I currently am using the crazy carl APPS mount on my p pump, and I feel extremely confident that everything is set up, and working correctly. My throttle is smooth as silk, and during idle on a cold engine, it sits right at 750 rpms, once it reaches operating temperature, it seems to want to idle at around 950-1000 rpms. I have tried adjusting the idle screw down a little, and the problem I'm having is that if I adjust it to 500 rpms on a cold engine with the hope that it'll warm up to 750 rpms, I am having to give a little throttle input to get the truck started. I'm not sure I want to have to do that every time to start it. Is that normal for a truck's idle to increase a few hundred rpms on a warm engine? This is all been done w/o the A/C on....Any help would be wonderful.
2002 Dodge Ram 4X4, 6 speed, Southbend clutch, balanced rotating assembly,maxed out 215 p pump (550 cc's), 025 DV's, DAP 6X.013,Hamilton 103lb springs & HD pushrods, Waterman Sprint 400 lift pump,S362/S475 compounds, head studs , 4 inch exhaust

Old 03-01-2016, 09:46 PM   #2
Tate

Name: Tate
Title: What?
Member`s Gallery
The idle will increase a bit as the engine warms. If you are finding it changes too much from cold to operating temperature, try backing off your gov springs a click and readjust the idle. Should stabilize the low idle better. I had this issue when I first p-pumped my truck, but it would climb to 1400 hot.

My p-pump conversion pics

Old 03-07-2016, 10:04 AM   #3
rightwinger

Name: rightwinger
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
I talked with Seth Farrell and he basically told me the same thing. I was setting my idle cold, and he said as the oil is cold and thick it will keep the idle down a bit, once the oil heats up and thins out, the idle goes up a little. Basically, either set the idle with a warm engine or set it a little lower than you need when the engine is cold so it'll warm up to the desired RPM.
2002 Dodge Ram 4X4, 6 speed, Southbend clutch, balanced rotating assembly,maxed out 215 p pump (550 cc's), 025 DV's, DAP 6X.013,Hamilton 103lb springs & HD pushrods, Waterman Sprint 400 lift pump,S362/S475 compounds, head studs , 4 inch exhaust

Closed Thread