Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance > P-Pump 24Valve
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 08:45 PM   #1
Hillrod660

Name: Hillrod660
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Oil out of crankcase breather after p pump conversion

Just finished my p pump conversion, finally working out the bugs. I have the billet timing cover and didn't wanna lose the breather there so I drilled out a 3/4in hole on the adjustable timing gear cover, put a 90 on it with a house running to the back of the motor. Yesterday I took it out and kinda beat on her a little to see what she would do and when I got back to the shop I noticed a little bit of oil on the ground like a 3in by 5in and little oil dripping out of out of the tube. I took it out a few days ago and don't remember any oil on the ground. I am running about 50lbs of boost so I'm guessing my drive pressure is kinda high. Would that do it?. Trucks only got 150k on it. I did add 2 breathers in the valve cover so I'm hoping that will help. It never did that before the conversion. Am I missing something ? Any help would be appreciated.

Old 05-15-2016, 08:57 PM   #2
weazel

Name: weazel
Title: 5th gear killer
Member`s Gallery
When I had a tube running from the front cover and dumped it out back by the trans, mine would push oil through especially under heavy boost. Even tried the breathers on the valve cover, didn't solve it. Come to find out, that's where the pump returns the oil (read it somewhere but can't remember where). So I put a cap from a 12v oil fill on there and it didn't push any oil after that, and didn't blow any seals out anywhere. May try capping it off and using the breathers on the valve cover. If you want more, maybe run a breather out the tappet cover.

Old 05-15-2016, 09:21 PM   #3
tinkertoy

Name: tinkertoy
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
When I ppump last engine setup I was seeing 60psi and didn't have a problem and engine had 150ish on it. I ran run 12v tap plate with the one on cover,,I thought able running 24v style when I install billet cover but I thing u talk me out of it!!!

Old 05-15-2016, 09:25 PM   #4
Hillrod660

Member`s Gallery
I was just gonna say maybe I should just cap it off, being i got the breathers on the valve cover. I'm gonna adjust the wastegate to only put out about 40-45lbs of boost. Maybe that will help.

Old 05-15-2016, 09:27 PM   #5
Hillrod660

Member`s Gallery
I thought about running a billet tapped cover but I didn't pull the trigger on it. Maybe when I oring the head I'll pop the. Pump off and put one on.

Old 05-15-2016, 09:27 PM   #6
tinkertoy

Name: tinkertoy
Member`s Gallery
Cover

When I had my last ppump set up I added 12v tap cover and turn it 4500 for a while and didn't have a problem at 60psi. Think u talked me out of 24v style when I put bullit one on!!! Didnt like that style anyway.

Old 05-15-2016, 10:01 PM   #7
crackerman

Name: crackerman
Member`s Gallery
Simple, where does oil return to crankcase after it goes through pump?

Old 05-15-2016, 10:25 PM   #8
dmigz57

Name: dmigz57
Member`s Gallery
Ppump drains oil out the front into the crankcase right where your breather port is. Block it off and run breathers from the tappet cover and/or valve cover.

Old 05-29-2016, 10:25 PM   #9
Aaron Loy

Name: Aaron Loy
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Had the same issue after doing mine. Thought I covered everything but didn't use a 12V tappet cover. A Ppump builds a lot more crankcase pressure than you would think. After I had the pump off again I switched tappet covers and never had anymore issues.

2001 sclb- gone

Old 06-02-2016, 10:02 PM   #10
timmahhhh

Name: timmahhhh
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkertoy View Post
When I ppump last engine setup I was seeing 60psi and didn't have a problem and engine had 150ish on it. I ran run 12v tap plate with the one on cover,,I thought able running 24v style when I install billet cover but I thing u talk me out of it!!!
Hey I've been trying to get ahold of you but your inbox is full. You got refunded, when are you shipping the programmer back?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Closed Thread