old np271 vs new np271 transfercase

bonesmx2000

supportn the single moms
what is the difference between the old 271 that i think was found in fords and the new 271 that is in the new cr dodges will the ones that are in the dodges hold up for pulling i want a 271 to put behind my 12v for pulling this summer the 241 just isnt going to hold up i dont think we will find out eventually

thanks jeremy snow

only differences may be the input size on the t-case for different outputs on the dodge/ford transmissions

do you run a 5spd or auto in your truck?

Actually, there are floor shifted 271's in the Dodges, but the push button are by far the most common.

i have a dodge 271 in my puller it is floor shifted it has lasted through a 3rd gear shattering

I have a lever shifted Dodge 271D for sale pretty cheap...I think you should buy it to try out. LOL

id love to buy it and take it off of your hands but thenid have to put an input in it since im running a 5 sp if you pm me your best deal ill think about it and see what its gonna run me to get a bigger input to mount to my 5 sp

inputs are the same between the 241 and 271 now the out put on the t-case is a different story

how are they the same one is an auto one is a manual trans manual trans has a bigger out put so input of tcase has to be bigger and smaller for an automatic

the 271's are strongerthats why i want one

All 271's are floor shifted.

273's have an electric actuator and use a knob on the dash.

Back