S400sxe

56cummins

I haven't found to much info on the these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg_D8PaXxMA

"S400sxe are not yet available. They will have a 72mm that outflows the current s476, as well as redesigned 76mm and an s488. The 72 and 76 will be available in T4 with 87mm turbine and T6 with the 96/88 turbine wheel." from jkidd

If you find part numbers, dyno sheets, video, pricing, post it up.

You must have some inside knowledge then, please inform us. Multiple places advertising them as such.

Last edited:
You must have some inside knowledge then, please inform us. Multiple places advertising them as such.

The sxe 300, 400, and 500 all share the same compressor cover design. This also includes, standard race cover style inlet, boost port, speed port, and hybrid discharge for either hose or vband.

In on this. The 88 is particularly interesting. With only 10 blades and a 110 exducer, it's pretty unique. I'd like to see the map for it.

Any factory s400 with the enhanced compressor cover and full blade style compressor wheel is an "sxe" turbo. Don't know what all the hype is about, besides the new 1.15,1.45,1.58 96/88 turbine housings.

When I asked about them from a Borg Warner distributor, also asked about the "V2" compressor housing.

I didn't include my three questions about the turbo below.

Hi, Eric. Currently, all new S400SX-E units, with one exception, have not been released for pricing, with the latest information indicating a "late Q2 2016" release date. That said, there is an existing unit of that dimension, part number 179176, which has been available for several years, in the S400SX3 family. This uses the cast-aluminum, 76/105mm compressor, with the 87/81mm turbine, and it's fitted for T4 turbine housings. We stock that unit currently.

If your goals fall within the published flow specifications of the existing 76/105, there is no reason to wait. Since we do not have data for the new, SX-E compressor, we can only assume that it will have a similar increase in flow to the other SX-E units already on the shelves, which appears to be an approximate 10-15% of peak flow. If, for example, this is the case, the new 76/105mm wheel should be on par, or close to, the flow of the existing 80/110mm wheel, which is available currently in turbo 179180. So, if your needs are at that level, you could also simply select that unit for now. We keep that unit on hand as well, and, other than the larger compressor, it is identical to the 179176.

We have no documented flow numbers to be able to discuss, but again, with similar SX-E units that do exist (such as the 72/96mm unit), the flow increases, even with the larger cover, seem to be on the order of 10-15% of peak flow. It's not huge, but it's tangible. Also, something to note: The SX-E replacement for the 179176 WILL NOT be offered with the high-flowing "V2" (BWTS does not call it this) housing. ONLY the large-frame units (96mm turbine wheels) will have that larger cover offered as standard equipment. It is very likely the cover will be offered as a loose part, but it's important to understand that the units using the smaller turbine wheel and housing (T4 vs. T6) WILL NOT have the larger compressor housing.

S366%20S369%20SX300%20E%20billet%2069mm.jpg

Sxe400 on left

Jose at FI has the covers available. They are .72 ar.

Last edited:
The 0.72AR covers have been used from Cat applications for some time, bigger is not always better.

Any factory s400 with the enhanced compressor cover and full blade style compressor wheel is an "sxe" turbo. Don't know what all the hype is about, besides the new 1.15,1.45,1.58 96/88 turbine housings.

1.58 isn't new, it has been available for probably close to a year.

I was thinking there was a 1.58 available for a 92mm wheel for several years. I was thinking it was wastegated.

There is something like a 1.50 that isn't real common, but the turbos with the 92mm turbine have a different bearing housing then the 96/88mm and I think it requires quite a bit of machine work to work of the 96/88 center, it's too bad really as there are some small gated housings for that wheel.

Back